ACT Homepro ZIR010
From LinuxMCE wiki
|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|710||According to category, Works without caveats||11th May 2010||Wierdbeard65|
|810||According to category, Works without caveats||11th May 2010||Wierdbeard65|
ACT Homepro Passive Infrared Motion Detector (Binary Sensor)
PIR (Passive Infra Red) sensor, a type of motion detector which uses invisible infra red light to detect movement in a room. PIR is sending "Sensor Tripped" events, so that you can use it in security scenarios.
All the tests were made using ACT Homepro ZIR010 (RF Transmitter PIR) model.
HowTo install PIR
- Open the PIR box so that you have access to Z-Wave button, it is used to remove/add (reset) the PIR from/to Z-Wave network
- Use your Z-Wave Master Controller to add PIR
- Copy the new Z-Wave network configuration to your Z-Wave USB device (see command "Download Configuration")
- Reload Router
- You should see the PIR device available as a child device of ZWave (see LinuxMCE Admin Website), but the setup isn't ready yet.
- Power off PIR, then power on again (remove a battery for few seconds). Close the PIR box.
- This step is important because PIR is in awake state only for 10 min after it's powered up.
- After 2-3 min from step 6, PIR will send the wake up notification and PIR will be able to set its configuration.
- You should receive the events from PIR
The PIR supports three modes, they can be set with the device parameter #17:
- Lighting (configuration value 0): Sends ON/OFF to associations in group 1, sends ON to devices associated to group 2 when housing is opened
- Alarm mode (configuration value 1): Sends ALARM to associations in group 1, sends ALARM to group 2 when housing is opened
- Sensor mode (configuration value 2): Sends a binary sensor report to group 1, sends update to group 2 when housing is opened
Battery reports are sent to all devices associated to group 3 of the PIR.
The OFF/IDLE delay can be set via parameter #18. The values 0-255 represent 0-255 minutes.
The device can be temporary disabled by setting parameter #19 to 0. Setting it to 1 will re-enable the PIR.
The wake-up time can be adjusted with parameter #22. The values 15 - 45 represent 15 to 45 seconds.
- Battery lasts between 6 months and two years
- PIR needs 2 min of 'silence' to get to Trigger Off
- Z-Wave has some new commands to support PIR :
- Assign Return Route
- Set Association
- Set Configuration Parameter
- Set Wake Up
- The configuration commands are sent automatically by LinuxMCE's Z-Wave device. But if you are using a different PIR device and you need another setup parameters, you can use the new commands.
- The PIR wake up notification is important, no commands are sent to PIR if the notification wasn't received.
- We must be sure that PIR is able to communicate with Z-Wave network.
- Power: 4 AAA batteries
- Dimensions (mounted): 10.47cm x 6.6cm x 7.8cm
Available in the UK - Techstyle UK Ltd. ACT ZIR010 Z-Wave Passive Infra-Red detector (PIR) Motion Detector