|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
This is an ITX board. The chipset fan is fairly noisy.
- Form Factor: Mini-ITX
- CPU: Atom 330 1,6 GHz
- Memory: DDR2 SDRAM PC2-6400, PC2-5300 (4 GB max) (2 slots)
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 9300
- Audio: VIA VT1708S 7.1 High-Definition Surround
- Network: 10/100/1000 Mbit ethernet
- Expansion: 3x SATA. 1x eSATA, 1x PCI
- Misc connections: 8x USB-2.0/1.1, VGA, HDMI, S/P-DIF...
Bluetooth is not working under any Linux version (as of Nov 2009)
BIOS Update Alert
Updating to BIOS revision 0215 and 0216 renders the mainboard un-bootable. PXE boot starts, downloads initrd, but stops with
r8169: eth0: link down
0213 works fine in that regard. ASUS Download Page
Make sure to have the latest alsa modules package installed
apt-get install alsa-modules-`uname -r`
should get the latest alsa-modules package from our repo.
After that, sound over HDMI, sound over S/P-DIF coax work out of the box (rest not tested)
NB. You may need to get the latest alsa drivers from source if "aplay -l" does not show a digital output device. Visit alsa-project.org, download the alsa-driver source and compile according to the instructions.