|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|710||According to category, Works with caveats||11th May 2010||Wierdbeard65|
|810||According to category, Works with caveats||11th May 2010||Wierdbeard65|
LinuxMCE important hardware features
- Socket AM2/AM2+ - AMD Phenom™ FX / Phenom / Athlon™ / Sempron™
- Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GPU with HDMI/DVI/RGB
- Realtek® ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC with optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O
- NVIDIA built-in Gigabit MAC with external Realtek PHY
- 1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66/33, 1 xExternal SATA 3 Gb/s ports 5 x SATA 3Gb/s ports (Use SATA1-3 for IDE mode.), NVIDIA® MediaShield™ RAID Support RAID 0,1,0+1,5,JBOD
- 4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1066/800/667
- Expansion Slots
- 1 x PCIe x16
- 1 x PCIe x1
- 2 x PCI 2.2
- 1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66/33
- 1 xExternal SATA 3 Gb/s ports 5 x SATA 3Gb/s ports (Use SATA1-3 for IDE mode.)
- NVIDIA® MediaShield™ RAID Support RAID 0,1,0+1,5,JBOD
- Realtek® ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Optical S/PDIF out port at back I/O
- Support Jack Detection and Multi-streaming
With the latest nVidia drivers integrated card supports UI2 with alpha blending with resolution 1080p.
Board works out of the box in 0810, with the exception of audio through HDMI
(HDMI audio now working see results below)
- Problem (0710): After installation starts monitor looses signal.
- Solution: Solved by pressing F6 at installer menu and stripping the ending options " quiet splash --" on AMD64 disk or
- Solution: Solved by using i386 DVD instead of AMD64
- Problem (0710): SATA disk cannot be found by installator.
- Solution: Changing the SATA mode in the BIOS to AHCI solved that.
- Problem (0710): After installation and rebooting, before starting AVWizard, monitor looses signal.
- Solution: Boot to recovery mode (hit ESC on the GRUB menu) and install the latest nVidia drivers.
- Problem (0710): Integrated NIC is not recognized by system
- Solution: Upgrade kernel. Under 8.10 the NIC works from the box.
- Problem (0710 and 0810): Digital audio (HDMI) doesn't work.
- Solution: Theoretically upgrade ALSA to version >=1.0.18 and use the latest nVidia drivers (>=180.22) but practically couldn't hear any sound via HDMI. Digital sound over SPDIF is confirmed to work using this method.
EDITED Geekyhawkes : Under 810 with ALSA 1.0.20 and Nvidia 180.60 I do have audio over HDMI working (eventually!). HDMI audio is not yet supported by the avwizard. See thread