ASUS M4A87TD EVO
|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|810||Works with newer drivers||20th May 2010||phenigma|
LinuxMCE important hardware features
- AMD Socket AM3 ;Phenom™II /Athlon™II /Sempron™ 100 Series Processors, Support 45nm CPU, AMD Cool 'n' Quiet™ 2.0 Technology (by CPU type), Support CPU up to 140W
- 4 x DIMM, Max. 16 GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory, Dual Channel memory architecture
- 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (*blue@ x16 mode, black@ x4 mode), 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 3 x PCI
- 6 xSATA 6.0 Gb/s ports Support RAID 0,1,5,10, 1 xUltraDMA 133/100 for up to 2 PATA devices, 1 xExternal SATA 3Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go)
- RTL8111E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2
- VT1818 High Definition Audio 8-Channel CODEC, Optical S/PDIF Out, Supports 192kHz/ 24bit BD Lossless Sound
- VIA® VT6308P controller supports 2 x 1394a port(s)
- NEC® USB 3.0 controller: 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, SB850 Chipset: 12 x USB 2.0 ports
- Driver source is available for this card from Realtek: http://22.214.171.124/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#2
- Extract the source, build
- Copy r8168.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.27-17-generic/kernel/drivers/net/ and replace the existing file of the same name. You may need to blacklist the 8169 driver, to do this add a line 'blacklist r8169' to the file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and reboot your system.
- There is no onboard video, a PCIe video card is required.
- This board requires a driver download for the onboard Realtek RTL8111E Gigabit controller.
- ALSA drivers are not PNP in kubuntu-0810 but updated drivers are installed during the LMCE installation process and which make the audio Plug N Play with LMCE0810!