|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|710||According to category, Works with caveats||11th May 2010||Wierdbeard65|
LMCE 0710 does work with the Unrecognized NIC fix as a diskless media director. Works without issues as a core/hybrid.
Please do not make the mistake of assuming that all P5K Series work. (I did and it cost me 2 days of heartache.) For example, the P5K SE/EPUS board does NOT work - so I have to assume that there are other P5K's out there that won't plug and play out of the box. ( If you can't find a P5K - without any letters or numbers following - I recommend you do NOT purchase a P5K Series board if you expect it to work out of the box without a serious CLI work out.) (Added by: Linux-SA - 21/06/08).
Additional note (added by WR 30/08/08) ; The ASUS P5K PRO does not appear to suffer from the above issues...
- Size: ATX
- Socket: LGA775
- Chipset: Intel® P35 / ICH9 with Intel® Fast Memory Access Technology
- Memory: 4 × DIMM, max. 8GB, DDR2 1066*/800 / 667 MHz, non-ECC, un-buffered memory, Dual channel memory architecture
- Graphics: 2×PCI-E x16 (blue @ x16 mode, black @ x4 or x1 mode) supports CrossFire Technology
- Expansion: 1×PCI-E x1, 3×PCI
- Audio: Realtek ALC 883, 8-channel High-Definition Audio CODEC
- Storage: Southbridge: 4×SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports; JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller, 1×UltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices, 1×SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, 1×External SATA 3.0 Gb/s port (SATA On-the-Go), Supports SATA RAID 0,1 and JBOD
- Network: PCIe Gb LAN Attansic L1 controller featuring AI NET2
- USB: 12×USB 2.0 ports (6 ports at mid-board, 6ports at back panel)
- Firewire: VIA VT6308P controller supports 2×IEEE 1394a ports (one at midboard; one at back panel)
- Firmware: xx