|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|710||According to category, Works with caveats||11th May 2010||Wierdbeard65|
- Size: µATX
- Socket: AM2
- Northbridge: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 (?)
- Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce 430
- Memory: 4x DDR2-800 (PC6400)
- Graphics: Integrated GeForce 6 GPU, VGA, RGB, DVI-D. Not all simultaneous output is supported.
- Expansion: 1x PCIe-16, 1x PCIe-1, 2x PCI
- Audio: ADI AD1986A (6 Channel), S/PDIF out (on headers, requires additional module)
- Storage: 4x SATA 3.0Gb/s (RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-5, RAID-0+1 & JBOD), 2x UDMA133
- Network: nForce 430 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY (10/100/1000)
- USB: 8x USB-2.0/1.1
- Firewire: 2x IEEE 1394a
- I/O: 1x DB-25 parallel port (external), 2x serial (COM) ports (on headers, requires adapter cable)
- Firmware: 0707
Problems and Pitfalls
Use the onboard graphics- set it to 128 MB.
Use UI2 with overlay (not alpha blending) -- using the HDMI output at 1080p with UI2 set to alpha blending, video playback exhibits tearing.
My board shipped with bios version 0303, (basically the first version). Consequently, both the processor (AMD64 X2 4400+) and the RAM (Kingston 800MHz) I had were not supported (failed to boot, one long beep then two short beeps), even though they were both listed on the Asus website. I ended up borrowing some ram (Kingston 667MHz) and buying a cheap processor (AMD Sempron 3200+) in order to flash the bios to version 0901. After this, everything worked fine. --Macca 03:09, 3 September 2007 (MST)
I would highly suggesting using the onboard LAN on the EXTERNAL network. This NIC uses the forcedeth driver, which is known to be unstable. While I had mine on the internal network, I experienced frequent lockups, network dropouts, excessive error logging agains Eth0 in /var/log/syslog and /var/log/dmesg, and constant Raid array breakage (one drive kept getting booted, putting my array as Damaged, running in degraded mode). Putting the onboard NIC on the slower internal network solved all of these problems instantly(though I'm not quite sure why it affected my software RAID stability)   --jondecker76 8 August 2008