From LinuxMCE wiki
|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
Functionally, the "PVR USB2" device is very similar to Hauppauge's line of "PVR-XXX" PCI based tuner cards - except this device uses USB instead of PCI which makes it suitable for laptop, xbox, or embedded device applications where there would otherwise not be a PCI slot available.
- Manufacturer info: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvrusb2.html
- This device is compatible with LinuxMCE running with MythTV as the PVR backend.
- Under Mythtv-setup you will need to select a new capture card and select the PVR150 option
- Using VDR as the PVR backend this box is currently NOT supported
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuner for TV in a window (or full screen). Surf the net while you watch TV on your PC screen!
- No need to open your PC: works best with USB 2.0. Will also work with USB 1.1.
- Composite/S-Video and audio inputs to connect to VCR, camcorders or satellite receivers.
- Built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder.
- Record TV or videos to disk using from 1-2 Gigabytes of disk space per hour of recorded video. While recording, the WinTV-PVRs' hardware MPEG encoder does all the work, so your PC continues to run at full speed.
- Over USB 2.0, the WInTV-PVR-USB2 can record at up to 12MBits/sec. On USB 1.1, recording is limited to 6MBits/ec.
The WinTV-PVR-USB2's TV tuner and S-Video/composite video inputs are for either PAL or NTSC.
- Pentium® III processor 733MHz or faster, 128MB RAM and 10GB disk drive minimum recommended
- Available USB 2.0 or 1.1 port (works faster on USB 2.0)
- Sound card
- DVD or CD-RW writer (optional for burning DVDs or Video CD’s)
- VGA card (PCI or AGP) which supports video overlay (NVidia, S3, ATI, etc.)