|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|810||Working||12th October 2011||Murdock|
|1004||Working||12th October 2011||Murdock|
- Silicondust HDHomeRun
- Official HDHomeRun Forum (hosted by silicondust.com) Official HDHomeRun Forum
- HDHomeRun Forum (hosted by 9thtee.com) HDHomeRun Forum
Where to Buy?
- $135, free shipping (March 1st 2010) cyberestore.com
- $139, free shipping (March 1st 2010) Adorama
- $149 + $8.95 shipping (March 1st 2010) 
- $149 + shipping (March 1st 2010) Mythic.TV
- $149 + $7 shipping (March 1st 2010) NewEgg
- approx. $139 + shipping (March 1st 2010) eBay
- $162 + shipping (March 1st 2010) Sundial Micro
Watch over-the-air digital & unencrypted digital cable TV from all computers in your home network
Dual tuners - record/watch multiple channels at once
IR Receiver - use most standard remotes to signal your PC
* Windows Media Center: o MCE 2005 o Vista WMC (32/64-bit) o Windows 7 (32/64-bit) * Elgato EyeTV - DVR for Mac * SnapStream BeyondTV (beta) * SageTV - DVR for Windows. * MediaPortal - DVR for Windows (beta). * GB-PVR - DVR for Windows (beta). * MythTV - DVR for Linux. * Pluto - Home automation & media system. * VLC - Multi-platform media viewer. * TSReader - MPEG-2 transport stream analysis
* 8-VSB (ATSC over-the-air digital HDTV) * QAM64/256 (unencrypted digital cable TV) * Dual HDTV Tuners * IR Receiver (38kHz) * 100baseTX high speed network * 1-4 GB per 1/2 hour of DTV recording
* Networked Digital HDTV Tuner * Power supply * 7' RJ45 Patch Cable
If you have your LinuxMCE core configured as your DHCP server, it will detect a new HDHomeRun and prompt you to scan for channels. If you are using Schedules Direct, mythfilldatabase will automatically fill in scheduling data for over-the-air (antenna) inputs. But 99.9% of cable systems do not have the types of channel mappings which MythTV can use to set up listings for you, in that case you will need to manually set the channum and XMLTVID for each channel to match those reported by the Schedules Direct channel editor. The HDHomeRun QAM channel database may be helpful for this step, see here.
In an effort to automate or semi automate xmlid gathering for QAM stations I have found the following tools and finally have approx 90 qam stations with full XMLID's
I will use this to try to document the process.
The information was gathered form the following links
* https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5953&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 * http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan * http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan#How_to_determine_VCT_ID_using_a_Full_Set_Top_Box * http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/408359
You will need.:
* http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/libhdhomerun_20091024.tgz * http://scte65scan.sourceforge.net/
Download and extract:
* http://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=262652 * Under the scte65-0.21 directory extract * http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/libhdhomerun_20091024.tgz * http://comcastupdate.googlecode.com/files/comcast_update-0.1.tgz
Edit Makefile and compile:
* In the scte65scan directory Edit Makefile.hdhr: * Add this line near the top: * LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_os_posix.o * And change the LDFLAGS line a few lines down so that it looks like this: * LDFLAGS += -lpthread -lrt
Download and Compile
* apt-get install libtext-csv-perl * http://comcastupdate.googlecode.com/files/comcast_update-0.1.tgz
- Run comcast_update --configure
- Run comcast_update
OTA Program Guide with Schedules Direct
Even after setting up my HDHomerun correctly and doing a channel scan, the guide data would never get populated. Running MytTvDailyFillDatabase.sh manually would look normal - like it was downloading guide data - however, my guide would always be empty. It took a lot of research, but I finally found some instructions that helped my guide data to start working. Here is what to do:
- Make a list of your OTA HD Channels.
- Go to www.zap2it.com and pull up the tv listings for your area code
- view the source for the guide page. You will need to find each of your channels (search for the string "&channel")
- Near the "&channel" for each specific channel you want guide data for, look for "stnNum" and write down the number. Do this for each channel!
- Next, you will have to update your mythconverg.channel database table. For each channel in that table, you will have to enter the appropriate stnNum in the xmlvid column.
The next time the MythTvDailyFillDatase.sh runs, your guide data will now be populated!