VoIP with XS4ALL
From LinuxMCE wiki
Before you start you need to have activated your XS4All VoIP number. As you will need the account details further on, replace <08787.....> with your own phone number and <password> with the password for that number.
Note that this procedure has been tested on 0710 Beta3, it is probably similar under 0704.
- Go in the web admin page (see Logging In) to Wizard > Devices > Phone Lines.
- Check When dialing a local number, automatically prepend the area code and specify the areacode you would like to have prepended when dialing a local number, for instance in Rotterdam 010, Amsterdam 020, etc. (this is optional).
- Uncheck Also prepend a digit (1 for US/Canada, 0 for Europe) (also optional).
- Local Number Length 7 (the default).
- Hit the Update button.
- Choose provider sipgate (try for free, pay as you go)
- Username <08787.....>
- Password <password>
- Phone number <08787.....>
- Host sip.xs4all.nl
- Hit the Submit button.
- Hit the Deactivate Automatic Configuration button, and the following Yes button.
- Click the click here link (next to "Manual configuration activated. To configure AMP, click")
- Click Trunks, and Trunk SIP/sipgate
- Under "Outgoing Dial Rules" change Dial Rules to (adjust the 020 to your own area prefix if you're not in Amsterdam):
112 020+XXXXXXX 0ZXXXXXXXX 0031|0+. 9|.
- This will recognize 112, the emergency number.
- Seven digit local numbers will get 020 prepended.
- Long distance numbers, 10 digits starting with a zero followed by a non-zero digit.
- International numbers to the Netherlands get 0031 stripped and a 0 prepended instead.
- A nine will dial out no matter how many digits.
- You now can (optionally) modify other settings to your liking as well, however do NOT change the Trunk Name (leave it at the default sipgate). When done hit Submit Changes.
- Click Reload Required Apply Configuration Changes and Continue with reload.
- Go back to Wizard > Devices > Phone Lines and hit the Activate Automatic Configuration button, followed by the Yes and keep my advanced settings button.
When you see the status Registered followed by a date and time you should be able to make and receive calls.