Vim Tips & Tricks
(Redirected from Vim)
Source: Efficient Editing With vim
- Ctrl+n or Ctrl+p
- Autocomplete ;)
- Just like p, but it automatically adjusts the indent level of the pasted code to match that of the code you paste into. Try it!
- Putting the cursor on a brace, bracket, or parenthese and pressing % will send the cursor to the matching brace, bracket, or parenthese. Great for fixing parse problems related to heavily nested blocks of code or logic.
- Indent the highlighted code. (See the earlier section about efficient text selection. If no text is selected, the current line is indented.)
- Like >>, but un-indents.
- Go to the definition (or declaration) of the function or variable under the cursor.
- Go to the man page for the word currently under the cursor. (For instance, if your cursor is currently over the word sleep, you will see the man page for sleep displayed.)