- It is expected that meeting participants will be familiar with this agenda and the resources it links to
- Any one may add to the agenda - just put your name next to the topic
- Time and Place
- This meeting will be held on IRC.
- Post your availability here if interested in this meeting
- Date: TBD
- Time: TBD
- Duration: TBD
- Server: irc.freenode.net
- Channel: TBD
0810 Progress Review
- Status review of each component (including review of defects marked at least major, or of special interest)
- Media Playing
- Setup and AV Wizard
- Web Admin
- Review of other topics as they arrise
0810 Short Term Goals
- Defects to address
- Features to implement
0810 Release Scheduling
- Should 0810 have a "formal" release schedule?
- Consider these sources as examples
- What milestones apply?
- Feature Freeze?
- Code Freeze?
- Beta release deadline?
- General release deadline?
- 0810 Update release schedule (jondecker76)
- Discuss update scheduling for after 0810 is released, as well as the frequency of the updates.
- Maybe a planned monthly build (similar to how we do the weekly's now) for bugfixes/feature enhancements wouldn't be a bad idea.
High Level Design Discussions
jondecker76 - Discuss possibility of running our own new_install script on www.linuxmce.org and assigning our own installation ID's (who knows if and/or when plutohome.com will disappear along with the script that is currently used). Since we are our own entity at this point and very active in changing the direction of LMCE, I'd also like to see us start all over with installtion ID #1 starting with 0810. This will cleanly separate us from pluto and provide insurance that we can continue to assign new installation ID's in the future (especially important once linking installations is possible). Old pluto installation ID's can be re-assigned for upgrades from 0710 with a post-upgrade script. This change can be made in a matter of an hour.
- Discuss efforts to improve defect tracking methods (jimbodude)
- Discuss ways to make sure all defects are reported
- Discuss ways to make sure all reported defects are addressed in a timely manner
- Consider re-working current work into LinuxMCE/Trac specific policy
- Discuss effectiveness of future meetings
- Decide whether to have more
- Discuss meeting frequency
- Schedule next meeting