ACT Homepro ZIR010
ACT Homepro Passive Infrared Motion Detector (Binary Sensor)
PIR (Passive Infra Red) sensor, a type of motion detector which uses invisible infra red light to detect movement in a room. PIR is sending "Sensor Tripped" events, so that you can use it in security scenarios.
All the tests were made using HomePro ZIR010 (RF Transmitter PIR) model.
HowTo install PIR
- Open the PIR box so that you have access to Z-Wave button, it is used to remove/add (reset) the PIR from/to Z-Wave network
- Use your Z-Wave Master Controller to add PIR
- Copy the new Z-Wave network configuration to your Z-Wave USB device (see command "Download Configuration")
- Reload Router
- You should see the PIR device available as a child device of ZWave (see LinuxMCE Admin Website), but the setup isn't ready yet.
- Power off PIR, then power on again (remove a battery for few seconds). Close the PIR box.
- This step is important because PIR is in awake state only for 10 min after it's powered up.
- After 2-3 min from step 6, PIR will send the wake up notification and PIR will be able to set its configuration.
- You should receive the events from PIR
The PIR supports three modes, they can be set with the device parameter #17:
- Lighting (configuration value 0): Sends ON/OFF to associations in group 1, sends ON to devices associated to group 2 when housing is opened
- Alarm mode (configuration value 1): Sends ALARM to associations in group 1, sends ALARM to group 2 when housing is opened
- Sensor mode (configuration value 2): Sends a binary sensor report to group 1, sends update to group 2 when housing is opened
Battery reports are sent to all devices associated to group 3 of the PIR.
The OFF/IDLE delay can be set via parameter #18. The values 0-255 represent 0-255 minutes.
The device can be temporary disabled by setting parameter #19 to 0. Setting it to 1 will re-enable the PIR.
The wake-up time can be adjusted with parameter #22. The values 15 - 45 represent 15 to 45 seconds.
- PIR needs 2 min of 'silence' to get to Trigger Off
- Z-Wave has some new commands to support PIR :
- - Assign Return Route
- - Set Association
- - Set Configuration Parameter
- - Set Wake Up
- The configuration commands are sent automatically by LinuxMCE's Z-Wave device. But if you are using a different PIR device and you need another setup parameters, you can use the new commands.
- The PIR wake up notification is important, no commands are sent to PIR if the notification wasn't received.
- We must be sure that PIR is able to communicate with Z-Wave network.
- Power: 4 AAA batteries
- Dimensions (mounted): 10.47cm x 6.6cm x 7.8cm