Automatically take pictures when sensors are disturbed
Revision as of 22:55, 24 May 2008 by Perspectoff
- The security system must first be set up, as explained in Arm or disarm the alarm using the Orbiters.
- Go to LinuxMCE Admin Website-->Wizard-->Security-->Security Video links. There will be a matrix of the installed security sensors and surveillance cameras.
- Check the boxes to indicate which cameras can view areas monitored by which sensors.
- Whenever one of those sensors is triggered (whether or not that actually results in a security breach or triggers a notification), LinuxMCE will take a snapshot from those cameras.
- This can be viewed in the LinuxMCE Admin Website-->Security-->Alert Logs. If the sensor also triggers a mobile phone notification, then a copy of the picture that it took at the time the sensors were triggered will be sent to the mobile phone.