|This article needs to be fixed and/or categorized.|
|Please contribute by fixing this article or other that needs to be fixed.|
To enable the version 2 of the Orbiter User Interface (UIv2), you have to do the following:
- Login to the LinuxMCE-admin website on your Core
- Go to the "Orbiters" page
- For the Orbiter where you want to use UIv2, do this:
- In the "UI" drop-down box, select "V2 Normal Horizontal (16:9)"
- Tick "Use alpha blended UI"
- Tick "User OpenGL effects"
- Click "Update"
- Go to the "Media Directors" page, find the Media Director that runs the Orbiter you selected above and do this:
- Change "Hardware acceleration" to opengl
- Change "Deinterlace Quality" to "None"
- Go to the bottom of the page and click "Update"
- Find the Media Director again and change the resolution to a 16:9 resolution (like 720p)
After you change the resolution, the X server and Orbiter will re-start and the Orbiter will get regenerated. After this is done, you will have the Orbiter running with the new user interface.
Note about de-interlacing. It is said above that you should set it to "None" at first, but if your CPU can handle it, you can increase the settings.