GYR3101 Integration Notes
|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
The solution to supporting this and similar devices is to create a Generic HID Handler, as described here: Developers_Guide#9.2.8._Generic_HID_Interface
The Device Template for the Gyration Go Mouse (Template #1812) was modified as such:
SkipNext,20163,R SkipPrior,20165,R chup,20402,R chdown,20403,R fastforward,20208,D Rewind,20168,D Pause,20117,D Play,20207,D Mute,20113,D Stop,20166,D voldn,20114,R VolUp,20115,R Record,20167,D Guide,20362,U info,20130,U help,20130,H Power,20142,U Halt,20412,H Music,20391,U Videos,20393,U tv,20226,U Pictures,20212,U Back,20158,D menu,20389,U media,20366,U lights,20273,H Down,104,R,Y Up,98,R,Y Left,100,R,Y Right,102,R,Y ok,36,D,Y Clear,22,D
2,97=2,73 3,97=3,73 2,183=2,73 3,183=3,73 2,184=2,74 3,184=3,74 2,182=2,72 3,182=3,72
Basically with these additions, the Gyration Go! Mouse and the Gyration 3101 MCR can use the same template.
Has same USB ID as Gyration Go mouse. 0c16:0002.
All buttons except the very bottom buttons for binding emit HID. Will look further when I have my forensic analysis equipment.
I have attached an image here showing what part of the subsystem implements each currently decodable button as a colour coded chart:
- Red: Handled by the Keyboard HID event device
- Green: Handled by the Mouse HID event device
- Blue: Handled by the Mouse HID device
- Cyan: Must be decoded by reading hidraw device for keyboard
- Yellow: Must be decoded by reading hidraw device for mouse
Issues to deal with:
- We are missing explicit media/light buttons, so some context sensitive mode will have to be created in Orbiter.
- Get more data from analyser when I get it.
Onward and Upward!