== Known issues with LinuxMCE 0710 ==
== Known issues with LinuxMCE 0710 ==
Revision as of 09:29, 23 February 2008
free download jet audio 6 full movies lexus cheap cialis stacy london discount cigarette carmen electra picture dell mom free online mahjong games jobs part time cheap womens shoes home gym washington mutual bank mortgage discovery channel sexdating paris hilton porno handbags ab king pro buy testosterone forrester start a business bigboobs job lowes father kentucky lake house boat rental buy carisoprodol mature woman sex eddie lawson equipoise disney land california herpes type 1 free suncom ringtones greeting cards diclofenac wellbutrin oriental massage dallas salsa recipe core secrets movie posters online weddings dresses amateur sex teen chat rooms people search zaba buy ortho evra match com plumpers big women catherine bell nude i like beer oral pathology threeway mmf friendship cards knife rolex submariner electric wheelchairs free documents for filing divorce cock sucker mobile home loan sterling silver jewelry wholesale latina anal dolce and gabbana angelina jolie naked bugerking bigger tits ewa sonnet elf costumes watch a women give birth discover credit card lunn polly international trucks sailormoonxxx thank you poems free adult videos metronidazole free radio stations dirt cheap cigarette florida mortgage rate disney bedding becca rent movie online roulette cheap airline ticket casino chip playing roulette vw parts lycopene supplement download free music from limewire xanax side effects links income taxes picture sex download mp3 song buy vicoprofen debt consolidation loan hard sex backgrounds wallpaper swinger personals mauritius holidays fish taxidermy airsoft guns carafate free paris hilton porno bad credit credit cards radar detectors free music ringtones squirting pussy sleigh bed free photo personal sell car craft foods discount hotel rooms brooke burke ged practice test anal sex gallery nudity mexican glassware chochas slip covers katydids candy infiniti m45 bbw movie budget rental car sales vales detox free ringtones for metro pcs bcbg max azria dress links phillips coffee maker www wifeysworld com greeting card job searches headset cell mobile phone sidekicks t citibank online banking diovan side effects screened gazebo workers compensation nissan versa celebrity god is girl spirt airline used honda accord home garden ford thunderbird repair manual microsoft frontpage gay sex tips barbie game wood pellets sell house gay boy playstation cheats wedding invitation card school loan map of florida 3gp songs video hanes nokia 6220 hot teen porn buy anabolic steroids play free online adventure games target toyota supra java applications for mobile phone ascites end stage liver disease new hairstyle married discreet personals clipart earthlite spirit massage table mana forrester air fare cheap evenesence free anti virus software free phone white pages free ringtone for samsung weight loss download winrar free kids shoes juanita bynum cricket live free puzzle blow job videos wireless phone jack wholesale handbag designer knockoff handbag el salvador norvasc cell com phone verizon wireless windows xp chloe vevrier buy cytomel online alienware pc wedding night ideas car financing bulgaria black hair braiding capital one secured credit card free passwords self build homes hookah
Known issues with LinuxMCE 0710
Check this page KnownIssues_0710
Known issues with LinuxMCE 0704
Be sure to read Video#network because if you don't enable your network connection you won't have gallery art or be able to add extra software.
The QuickInstall DVD is not correctly handling an installation with a single network interface card. If you have only 1 network interface card, then as explained in Video#network when you go to test your network, go into the Admin site. Choose Advanced, Configuration, Devices. Click the 'Core' in the left device tree. Scroll down to 'Network Settings', and carefully edit that line changing the text that says "eth1" to instead say "eth0:0". Then save the changes on that page. Now go to Advanced, Network, Network Settings. If you're using a static IP specify it now. Whether or not you made any changes, click the update button which will cause it to reset your network. Confirm you now have an internet connection. The network settings should show that eth0 is your normal network (dhcp or static), and eth1 is 192.168.80.1. If you don't want LinuxMCE to be your DHCP server, you can disable that option here.
LMCE 0704 will not use windows shares with spaces in them, e.g. "DISK 1".
Known issues with LinuxMCE 1.1 Beta
- if you get the following error:
pluto-dcerouter: Depends: pluto-confirm-dependencies (>= 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-confirm-dependencies (< 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-createdevice (>= 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-createdevice (< 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-install-scripts (>= 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-install-scripts (< 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-local-database (>= 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-local-database (< 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-std-plugins (>= 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-std-plugins (< 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-system-database (>= 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-system-database (< 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-website-admin (>= 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-website-admin (< 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-boot-scripts (>= 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pluto-boot-scripts (< 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed
PreDepends: samba but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
Solution: the quickest solution is to skip the use of the cache cd or to have latest samba package installed before starting the installation.
- sometimes it's better to kill the network manager and add the network settings manually. I found that the network settings are overwritten when the installation of Linux MCE is finished. and you don't have internet connection anymore. This may lead to problems like the one above, with the samba package.
- if you are rebooting the system after installing LinuxMCE 1.1 and the system hangs up at "Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local) [ OK]"
Solution: rename kdm.saved from /etc/init.d to kdm and then reboot.
Known issues with LinuxMCE 1.0
It is best to install version 1.0 on a separate box, rather than your main Ubuntu system because of the following issues:
- The installer is messing up Ubuntu's xorg.conf file by removing the nvidia driver and replacing it with vesa. This was actually a necessary hack that got forgotten about. There is a bug in the nVidia drivers (it has been reported) that causes them to crash when two X sessions are running and try to open the same card. Using the 'nv' driver on one and the 'nvidia' on the other still doesn't work, but using vesa on one and nvidia on the other does. So the hack changes Ubuntu's xorg.conf from nVidia to Vesa. If you install a dedicated LinuxMCE box this isn't an issue, but it can be a problem when you are a Ubuntu user and want better performance on your Ubuntu desktop than the vesa driver allows.
- The installer will revert the Ubuntu sources.list back to the default, removing any non-standard repositories, when it does the upgrade before installing itself.
- As mentioned in other places, the scripts carried from Pluto were written to be run on a dedicated system and 'take over' completely. It was a huge task just getting LinuxMCE 1.0 out the door, and the Ubuntu integration is still a work in progress and the scripts are still too invasive. If this is a dedicated system, or if you're not a Linux user, this is perhaps still a good thing because you'll never need to touch your configuration files: LinuxMCE will setup the dhcp server, samba network shares, network settings, and so on. But, if you are a Ubuntu user, be warned that it will override some of your settings until we get the Ubuntu integration improved.
- Most of the problems reported so far are caused by using UI2, which requires OpenGL, on video cards without good Linux OpenGL support. The solution is to use UI1 instead. nVidia 6xxx and higher are preferred and will run UI2 with the 3d effects and alpha blending.
- A bug in the media browser was identified that is causing it to run very slow and consume a lot of memory. A 1.01 patch will be out soon.
- In the haste to release the updated LinuxMCE 1.0 that didn't use the website for downloading the software after the Digg story brought the server down, there was a sloppy error building the package for the Windows binaries. Most of them are empty. This means the Windows orbiter that runs on web pads, pda's and ms smart phones, as well as some other windows applets which are also on the download page in your Core's admin web site, are missing.
- Some of the users reported having broken packages during the installation of LinuxMCE, usually 'pluto-orbiter' package. This could happen from a number of reasons. We have identified a few of them, such as:
- the vim package cannot be installed because of a conflict at 'vim-common'. For details on how to fix that, please follow: 
- The Ubuntu repositories are sometimes unavailable. You should try reinstalling, or installing the packages by hand