ph lab report technology infrastructure plan mistaught car cleaning products used marine toilets fingering my girlfriend mini scooters myers pump clean shaven ladies counter strike source ash baseball bats pentas buckeye sigalert prometheus and bob 18 inch wheels winning london imdb buying photographs jubinville work ice breakers portrait denfants kelo cote disposable chopsticks women fitness models calgary jobs preteen boys penis our nations heritage transpiration matss gym man models sonija kwok mutant boobs barn hardware too many declarations of match this call high triglycerides beautiful woman klm dutch royal airlines pov immigration forms sexy hilton paris radiant heating national rodeo tu hao pamela anderson nude pamela anderson gaspricewatch.com arroz de tamboril orange county speedway north carolina office of youth services louisiana hot female celebrities without prejudice doug winger jamie-lynn discala city of san diego donate cars turkish mauser penske truck rental emiticones children clip art christina aguilera in nud gorillaz 19-2000 supercell mega mobile t tone the voyage of the mimi street maps depacote american guide interact japanese respect series tygret nollie flip trick tips tenacity solutions inc snow and ice festival china linux cad muskegon township mi irises 2003 diapering men arizona classic car historical information neighbors nude knowledge seekers portraiture photography oil tankers tap plastics naughty pics motion control systems utada pit bull kennels north carolina vent free heater benchmade frame tents lighted glasses camouflage clothing cheap magazine subscriptions local picture puppet show play station cheats virtual tour pulsars web cam salute jim fitzpatrick intuit motorcycle body parts moonglow free clip pam anderson video kyle xy avatars nissan pavillion rock n roll bands information lost show tv dj party u-boats water quality monitoring equipment web design seattle welcome listserv spiderman theme song clean sweep kippy belts rooms for rent in brooklyn ny mettler toledo autochem free first name meanings walden on lake conroe golf grabbed his balls that 70s show sterling silver baby gifts arizona rv park european history criss angel auto club arsenault krista rufus sewell pictures flag of italy westin hotel los angeles atkins diet foods free homepages casual dinnerware plaster repair gifts for dog lovers when god made you song knitting pattern for man sock mississippi history uva womens soccer final fantasy anime porn regina leader post star choice brazilian tan line thomas train table plans prostate induced orgasm life of redd foxx car seat stroller prodaja nekretnina hrvatska sees candy abbey life charter school red oak neopolitan mastiff blythe danner the chesterfield mayfair hotel baked potatoes euthanasia christian perspective kawasaki 636 specs n00 amy jo johnson bikini weather almanac lifeview tvr linux where does lion live antonio care in pacific san tx party all the time acon lonely ib economics commentaries she dance naked online poker collusion peoples jewelry toronto meagan law database ncr dfh yugioh destiny board traveler rom download san francisco newspapers kingfisher airline wet dream earth google great wall ludwika paleta naturalcures lolita sex preteen lolita sex auburn gymnastics team dvd replication manufacturing fragranced pillar candles escade rockin rio subscriptions katie kaliana white cotton define a filibuster large pigmented mole ib 12 clitoris diagram key to success hamakua hilo hawaii real estate vintage engagement rings weston nursery thora birch bahamas condominiums printing postcards uk beautiful bare feet milkshake myspace code insurance liability malpractice professional quote animal pics
Known issues with LinuxMCE 0710
Check this page KnownIssues_0710
Known issues with LinuxMCE 0704
Be sure to read Video#network because if you don't enable your network connection you won't have gallery art or be able to add extra software.
The QuickInstall DVD is not correctly handling an installation with a single network interface card. If you have only 1 network interface card, then as explained in Video#network when you go to test your network, go into the Admin site. Choose Advanced, Configuration, Devices. Click the 'Core' in the left device tree. Scroll down to 'Network Settings', and carefully edit that line changing the text that says "eth1" to instead say "eth0:0". Then save the changes on that page. Now go to Advanced, Network, Network Settings. If you're using a static IP specify it now. Whether or not you made any changes, click the update button which will cause it to reset your network. Confirm you now have an internet connection. The network settings should show that eth0 is your normal network (dhcp or static), and eth1 is 192.168.80.1. If you don't want LinuxMCE to be your DHCP server, you can disable that option here.
LMCE 0704 will not use windows shares with spaces in them, e.g. "DISK 1".
Known issues with LinuxMCE 1.1 Beta
- if you get the following error:
pluto-dcerouter: Depends: pluto-confirm-dependencies (>= 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-confirm-dependencies (< 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-createdevice (>= 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-createdevice (< 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-install-scripts (>= 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-install-scripts (< 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-local-database (>= 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-local-database (< 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-std-plugins (>= 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-std-plugins (< 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-system-database (>= 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-system-database (< 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-website-admin (>= 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-website-admin (< 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-boot-scripts (>= 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-boot-scripts (< 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed PreDepends: samba but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages
Solution: the quickest solution is to skip the use of the cache cd or to have latest samba package installed before starting the installation.
- sometimes it's better to kill the network manager and add the network settings manually. I found that the network settings are overwritten when the installation of Linux MCE is finished. and you don't have internet connection anymore. This may lead to problems like the one above, with the samba package.
- if you are rebooting the system after installing LinuxMCE 1.1 and the system hangs up at "Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local) [ OK]"
Solution: rename kdm.saved from /etc/init.d to kdm and then reboot.
Known issues with LinuxMCE 1.0
It is best to install version 1.0 on a separate box, rather than your main Ubuntu system because of the following issues:
- The installer is messing up Ubuntu's xorg.conf file by removing the nvidia driver and replacing it with vesa. This was actually a necessary hack that got forgotten about. There is a bug in the nVidia drivers (it has been reported) that causes them to crash when two X sessions are running and try to open the same card. Using the 'nv' driver on one and the 'nvidia' on the other still doesn't work, but using vesa on one and nvidia on the other does. So the hack changes Ubuntu's xorg.conf from nVidia to Vesa. If you install a dedicated LinuxMCE box this isn't an issue, but it can be a problem when you are a Ubuntu user and want better performance on your Ubuntu desktop than the vesa driver allows.
- The installer will revert the Ubuntu sources.list back to the default, removing any non-standard repositories, when it does the upgrade before installing itself.
- As mentioned in other places, the scripts carried from Pluto were written to be run on a dedicated system and 'take over' completely. It was a huge task just getting LinuxMCE 1.0 out the door, and the Ubuntu integration is still a work in progress and the scripts are still too invasive. If this is a dedicated system, or if you're not a Linux user, this is perhaps still a good thing because you'll never need to touch your configuration files: LinuxMCE will setup the dhcp server, samba network shares, network settings, and so on. But, if you are a Ubuntu user, be warned that it will override some of your settings until we get the Ubuntu integration improved.
- Most of the problems reported so far are caused by using UI2, which requires OpenGL, on video cards without good Linux OpenGL support. The solution is to use UI1 instead. nVidia 6xxx and higher are preferred and will run UI2 with the 3d effects and alpha blending.
- A bug in the media browser was identified that is causing it to run very slow and consume a lot of memory. A 1.01 patch will be out soon.
- In the haste to release the updated LinuxMCE 1.0 that didn't use the website for downloading the software after the Digg story brought the server down, there was a sloppy error building the package for the Windows binaries. Most of them are empty. This means the Windows orbiter that runs on web pads, pda's and ms smart phones, as well as some other windows applets which are also on the download page in your Core's admin web site, are missing.
- Some of the users reported having broken packages during the installation of LinuxMCE, usually 'pluto-orbiter' package. This could happen from a number of reasons. We have identified a few of them, such as:
- the vim package cannot be installed because of a conflict at 'vim-common'. For details on how to fix that, please follow:  - The Ubuntu repositories are sometimes unavailable. You should try reinstalling, or installing the packages by hand