sitting sideways francesca cyber cafe vulgar thumbs cheap pearl necklaces map of belarussia start a concierge perryman mirah clogging cue sheets extremely well hung pinetop az liberal tory upset 2003 hiroshi yoshida tim mcgraw music codes competition cams catholic medal sitemap sbc foundation city of arlington top peer to peer network website recipe for hot and sweet mustard keenan naughty cheerleaders russell crowe dixie trailer trash greenhouse climates mount soledad cross only one yellowcard hibiscus syriacus childrens software panda pictures mounting brackets term michael romanov levoxyl 100 mcg vitamine a skiing snow condition small claims forms scotland aciclovir howa hot thighs rv warranties design a closet online office paper ctv news wide areolas velasquez save the children fund logo 4th boat july act clean nixon republican water commercial real estate new york free pre teen galleries modular shelving radio broadcast towers home parties url post it notes nini rosso love parade berlin germany trevor blumas commercial drivers the bad news bears billy bob thornton pearl thong map soil texas all ticketmaster locations in us marquee hire birmingham protected aac files scanner radio repair killa beats quickbooks 2002 keycode kinks poems with similes and metaphor girls pillow fight raiders randy moss jersey porche carrera gt wallpapers ccn john pinder murderer pregnancy calculator color proofing misc icons ottawa lions track club nannies internet cafe sacramento monterey institute for international studies picture of grizzly bear cub pregnant still tied tube bill monroe thriller url 16 yr old pet jewelry pa fish commission vintage women lane community college new jersey cremation shanghai trade fairs tracy mathis clips furuno radar literal pool affiliate software development burials at sea swim with the dolphins victorian home plans site links jaw abscess web erinn bartlett home made ice cream recipes new mexico job search sodium and chlorine bond toledo ohio homes for sale power 16 expert list website tractor values stainless strip hacker programs gainesville, ga petrochemie lewis human genetics jewish baby naming ceremony trident submarine base emmy rossum singer webmap lj joule dive vacation graffiti alphabet 40 year mortgages palmyra homes hughes 2-way satellite micah 6 www.bluemountain.com royalcaribbean.com bmi chart austin air mexican girls in fights magnifying lamps triethanolamine map of the virginia willow lawn shopping center richmond va joel cooling judo dojo rvnetlinx persian lamb hat education music pittsburgh 7 boom chica usher burn rite thermostats cheap living without underwear black fly el chingon de durango quincy jones home ashley smith damn it feels good to be a gangster creative writing prompts female model gallery old school love tomb raider legend marshall electronics inc. immigration handango www anglicans online boys caught masturbating molly pitcher gnosis fort benning nc dhhs forms arabic phrases ideal babes wisconsin department of public instruction record now burning tyra banks topless macmall coupons latest sony ericsson cell phones antifatigue mat atv power kit do women pee while standing playmate archive young tender lolita sex lectionary history of the puritans dont phunk with my heart page pc keyboard naglers reaction local area lawyer patty hanks shelton school of nursing devil woman william t. lusk dog lover pyle dvd in dash sitemap beaten canvas party tents koepke and daniels absynth crack ausa
Known issues with LinuxMCE 0710
Check this page KnownIssues_0710
Known issues with LinuxMCE 0704
Be sure to read Video#network because if you don't enable your network connection you won't have gallery art or be able to add extra software.
The QuickInstall DVD is not correctly handling an installation with a single network interface card. If you have only 1 network interface card, then as explained in Video#network when you go to test your network, go into the Admin site. Choose Advanced, Configuration, Devices. Click the 'Core' in the left device tree. Scroll down to 'Network Settings', and carefully edit that line changing the text that says "eth1" to instead say "eth0:0". Then save the changes on that page. Now go to Advanced, Network, Network Settings. If you're using a static IP specify it now. Whether or not you made any changes, click the update button which will cause it to reset your network. Confirm you now have an internet connection. The network settings should show that eth0 is your normal network (dhcp or static), and eth1 is 192.168.80.1. If you don't want LinuxMCE to be your DHCP server, you can disable that option here.
LMCE 0704 will not use windows shares with spaces in them, e.g. "DISK 1".
Known issues with LinuxMCE 1.1 Beta
- if you get the following error:
pluto-dcerouter: Depends: pluto-confirm-dependencies (>= 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-confirm-dependencies (< 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-createdevice (>= 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-createdevice (< 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-install-scripts (>= 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-install-scripts (< 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-local-database (>= 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-local-database (< 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-std-plugins (>= 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-std-plugins (< 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-system-database (>= 18.104.22.168) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-system-database (< 22.214.171.124) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-website-admin (>= 126.96.36.199) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-website-admin (< 188.8.131.52) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-boot-scripts (>= 184.108.40.206) but it is not going to be installed Depends: pluto-boot-scripts (< 220.127.116.11) but it is not going to be installed PreDepends: samba but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages
Solution: the quickest solution is to skip the use of the cache cd or to have latest samba package installed before starting the installation.
- sometimes it's better to kill the network manager and add the network settings manually. I found that the network settings are overwritten when the installation of Linux MCE is finished. and you don't have internet connection anymore. This may lead to problems like the one above, with the samba package.
- if you are rebooting the system after installing LinuxMCE 1.1 and the system hangs up at "Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local) [ OK]"
Solution: rename kdm.saved from /etc/init.d to kdm and then reboot.
Known issues with LinuxMCE 1.0
It is best to install version 1.0 on a separate box, rather than your main Ubuntu system because of the following issues:
- The installer is messing up Ubuntu's xorg.conf file by removing the nvidia driver and replacing it with vesa. This was actually a necessary hack that got forgotten about. There is a bug in the nVidia drivers (it has been reported) that causes them to crash when two X sessions are running and try to open the same card. Using the 'nv' driver on one and the 'nvidia' on the other still doesn't work, but using vesa on one and nvidia on the other does. So the hack changes Ubuntu's xorg.conf from nVidia to Vesa. If you install a dedicated LinuxMCE box this isn't an issue, but it can be a problem when you are a Ubuntu user and want better performance on your Ubuntu desktop than the vesa driver allows.
- The installer will revert the Ubuntu sources.list back to the default, removing any non-standard repositories, when it does the upgrade before installing itself.
- As mentioned in other places, the scripts carried from Pluto were written to be run on a dedicated system and 'take over' completely. It was a huge task just getting LinuxMCE 1.0 out the door, and the Ubuntu integration is still a work in progress and the scripts are still too invasive. If this is a dedicated system, or if you're not a Linux user, this is perhaps still a good thing because you'll never need to touch your configuration files: LinuxMCE will setup the dhcp server, samba network shares, network settings, and so on. But, if you are a Ubuntu user, be warned that it will override some of your settings until we get the Ubuntu integration improved.
- Most of the problems reported so far are caused by using UI2, which requires OpenGL, on video cards without good Linux OpenGL support. The solution is to use UI1 instead. nVidia 6xxx and higher are preferred and will run UI2 with the 3d effects and alpha blending.
- A bug in the media browser was identified that is causing it to run very slow and consume a lot of memory. A 1.01 patch will be out soon.
- In the haste to release the updated LinuxMCE 1.0 that didn't use the website for downloading the software after the Digg story brought the server down, there was a sloppy error building the package for the Windows binaries. Most of them are empty. This means the Windows orbiter that runs on web pads, pda's and ms smart phones, as well as some other windows applets which are also on the download page in your Core's admin web site, are missing.
- Some of the users reported having broken packages during the installation of LinuxMCE, usually 'pluto-orbiter' package. This could happen from a number of reasons. We have identified a few of them, such as:
- the vim package cannot be installed because of a conflict at 'vim-common'. For details on how to fix that, please follow:  - The Ubuntu repositories are sometimes unavailable. You should try reinstalling, or installing the packages by hand