Difference between revisions of "LinuxMCE-0810 alpha2"
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
# Reboot, wait for the activity to stop (see progress on console 8).
# Reboot, wait for the activity to stop (see progress on console 8).
EDIT: MAKE SURE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION IS ON ETH0! (For linux Newbies ETH0 is probably the network card on your motherboard...or plug all NICs into a switch)
EDIT: MAKE SURE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION IS ON ETH0! (For linux Newbies ETH0 is probably the network card on your motherboard...or plug all NICs into a switch )
In other words, after installing Kubuntu:
In other words, after installing Kubuntu:
Revision as of 20:26, 30 July 2009
- Install Kubuntu Intrepid desktop, update it and enable the restricted (video) drivers if needed. (download Kubuntu 8.10 desktop release from one of these: Northeastern University Mirror, USA, Mannheim University Mirror, Germany) Currently, only the 32bit version of LinuxMCE is available. Only download the i386 version of 8.10 Kubuntu, even if your system can support 64bit versions.
- Run aptitude update and aptitude dist-upgrade to get the latest Kubuntu updates.
- Grab the latest installer script from here, unpack them and change into the freshly created new-installer directory.
- Run the following scripts (as root, in order): pre-install-from-repo.sh, mce-install.sh, post-install.sh.
- Reboot, wait for the activity to stop (see progress on console 8).
EDIT: MAKE SURE YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION IS ON ETH0! (For linux Newbies ETH0 is probably the network card on your motherboard...or plug all NICs into a switch that has Internet access)
In other words, after installing Kubuntu:
sudo su - #This might ask for the password you specified earlier during the install of kubuntu. aptitude update aptitude dist-upgrade wget -c http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/new-installer-alpha-latest.tar.gz tar xvf new-installer-alpha-latest.tar.gz cd new-installer ./pre-install-from-repo.sh ./mce-install.sh ./post-install.sh reboot
If you installed 0810 Alpha 2.26 or earlier you will need to do apt-get dist-upgrade on your Core & MD's to get the updated AVwizard that enables HDMI audio to be easily configured... this will get you the new AVwizard and any other fixes changes since you last upgraded. For the time being you will need to upgrade nVidia (180.60 or greater) & alsa (1.0.20 or later) drivers by hand.
Updated AVwizard notes;
The new AVwizard now allows you to select primary & secondary HDMI/VGA connectors using the keyboard. Press '1' for HDMI 1 and 'Q' for HDMI 2 and press '2' for VGA 1 and 'S' for VGA 2. Once in the Graphical AVwizard UI you will notice that these new connectors are now available for selection. you will also notice that the AVwizard now has a new screen layout for selecting the Audio output and also includes 'HDMI' as one of the output connector options. Select 'HDMI' from this screen if you want Stereo output then in the following screen respond 'No' to Dolby Digital and DTS. If you want surround audio to be routed out of the HDMI connector (mainly used with surround amplifiers with HDMI inputs) then select 'HDMI' and then answers 'yes' to the Dolby Digital & DTS wizard screens.
nVidia Restricted Driver
Install the nVidia restricted driver (177) from KDE using the Hardware Manager before installing LinuxMCE 0810 Alpha for the best results The installer will now automatically choose and install the correct restricted driver during setup.It will be installed after selecting "OpenGL" on your Media Director in web admin page.
Remove reference to hardy in /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-get install pluto-mythtv-player
Install updated version of pluto-mythtv-plugin
Setup Diskless MD
Follow the steps from alpha1.
There are issues with the fglrx driver that are documented in Ubuntu's bug tracking system. If you're experiencing those issues, upgrade the kernel to 2.6.27-13 or better. Upgrading the Kernel has been updated with instructions on doing this. The latest official kernel is -14
Check if there is no junk like references to hardy in /etc/apt/sources.list then:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Or use a package manager on the KDE desktop for more convenience.
SVN revision: 21746
To avoid a known problem when upgrading pluto-storage-devices, forcefully remove it before upgrading and let apt fix it:
dpkg -r --force-all pluto-storage-devices apt-get update apt-get install -f
Also please note that installing the upgrade of pluto-system-database will OVERWRITE your existing pluto_main database. It is therefore advisable to make a backup first!
mysqldump --skip-extended-insert pluto_main >pluto_main_$PK_Installation-`date '+%Y%m%d:%H%M%S'`.sql
SVN revision: 21765
Again it is wise to backup your database as there is a new pluto-system-database package, but this one will not overwrite your pluto_main database if it is already installed, it should do an sqlCVS update instead. Also remove the pluto-storage-devices, hopefully for the last time. See the previous upgrade above for details on how to do these things.
SVN revision: 21798
The web admin is being moved from pluto-admin to lmce-admin with this build. A redirect has been placed in pluto-admin to redirect to the new web admin URL to help smooth the transition. While every attempt has been made to make this a smooth transition, please be sure to file a trac ticket if you find bugs related to this move so I can get them taken care of - jondecker76
The Asterisk IVR is broken in this release. For those that need to get it working/wish to try out new changes, do the following:
sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-all cd /usr/pluto/bin sudo rm generate_users_voicemenu.pl sudo wget http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/browser/branches/LinuxMCE-0810/src/Asterisk/generate_users_voicemenu.pl?format=raw sudo chmod 755 generate_users_voicemenu.pl sudo ./generate_users_voicemenu.pl
Be sure to have the default voice set up in the Text_To_Speech device's device data (its default is the ugly one we're already used to)! I also highly recommend following the instructions located at http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Text_To_Speech on how to install some better voices, and set the default voice to voice_nitech_us_slt_arctic_hts after you install the better voices (this is the best free voice available ATM). This should all work on next weeks build for those that can wait.. I'm still working on getting the better voices included by default, but need to check on licensing issues first.
SVN revision: 21827
Note: This build will attempt to use Launch Manager to co-ordinate startup and shutdown of devices. While it is not 100% finished, it is working and stable. Please test it out and file any problems against trac ticket #48. Also, please note the following:
I'm not sure on this, but you may have to manually install LM via apt-get After you upgrade, reboot your core CLI output of LM can be viewed on tty8 on the core, and tty1 on MD's (alt+ctrl+F8 and alt+ctrl+F1 respectively). You will have to manually switch back to the orbiter on tty7 when finished CLI output is not yet completely finished, so the top fields will be blank (this is normal for now) CLI output of the log messages is working however, so please take a peek at them on tty8/tty1 shortly after you hear the 2nd set of beeps on boot up (when the "x" cursor appears on the screen). You can further test out LM by switching to tty8/tty1 right after doing a router reload and watching the output and comparing it to what you would expect it to be. LM dos not yet track regen process and report the % done. This should be working in next week's build, however. If there are problems and/or you wish to restore previous functionality, the original /usr/pluto/bin/startCore.sh file can be restored from the backup /usr/pluto/bin/startCore.sh._backup, and the LM package removed LM is not yet properly daemonized. I'm saving this step for last after the socket layer is implemented and we get a client coded.
Note: All orbiters will likely do a FULL REGEN after this update, and it may appear that your system is hanging because of this. Please give it some time to finish the regen (could take up to an hour on large installs)
20090405 (alpha 2.7)
From now on, the SVN version will part of the deb name.
You may need to uninstall 'lmcevdr' (dpkg -r --force-all lmcevdr) and reinstall it (apt-get install lmcevdr) to get around the install-script bug in last weeks .deb package. It worked for me.
- lmcevdr_1.1-10_all.deb (This is no main package, and therefore does not contain the regular version designation. It is based upon version 21875)
20090412 (alpha 2.8)
- pluto-text-to-speech_22.214.171.124.09041221886_i386.deb (283,284) - Finally, good voices will actually install (Nitech HTS Arctic).
- pluto-system-database_126.96.36.199.09041221886_i386.deb (211) - New default voice is voice_nitech_us_slt_arctic_hts. - game plugin and player template cleanups
- mce-diskless-tools_188.8.131.52.09041221886_i386.deb (627,628) - Update kernel image for diskless MDs upon regenning.
- pluto-website-admin_184.108.40.206.09041221886_i386.deb (220) - Infrared codes will now properly come from schema.linuxmce.org
- pluto-boot-scripts_220.127.116.11.09041221886_i386.deb (234)- also schema.linuxmce.org IR codes related.
- pluto-motion-wrapper_18.104.22.168.09041221886_i386.deb (455,456) - changed config variable from ffmpeg_filename to movie_filename
- lmce_launch_manager_22.214.171.124.09041221886_i386.deb (298,299) - LM Actions now work from CLI(such as reload, regen, reboot, etc...)
- lmce-game-player_126.96.36.199.09041221886_i386.deb (673,674) - Rebuilt for new device template
- lmce-game-plugin_188.8.131.52.09041221886_i386.deb (671,672) - Rebuilt for new device template
- pluto-updateentarea_184.108.40.206.09041221886_i386.deb (341,342) - may need to be rebuilt for device template changes
20090413 (alpha 2.9 jondecker special)
- pluto-text-to-speech_220.127.116.11.09041321887_i386.deb (283,284) - fixes stupid post-install typo
- pluto-zwave-lighting_18.104.22.168.09041321891_i386.deb (505,506) - thermostate support
20090419 (alpha 2.10 pbr)
20090426 (alpha 2.11)
With this release, MythTV now takes advantage of storage groups. Do some recordings, and try recording to a few different storage groups. Please test this out and report any problems such as duplicate attributes appearing in pluto_media, icon image not showing up, recordings failing to record, etc. Also, if you do have problems, try a reboot and see if it fixes the problem, then please let me know if the reboot fixed your problem. - jondecker76
POST-BUILD UPDATE: A couple of small bugs have been found that will be fixed in next week's build. 1) Some storage groups are missing the leading "/" in the path, causing problems images in mythweb, downloads in the mythweb, etc. 2) Unmounted storage devices were being skipped. This means that you may not have a storage group for some of your devices at some times. I am changing this so that the storage groups are created, and if for some reason it is not available when a recording is set to use the storage group, then the recording will go to the (always present) Default storage group. For those wanting to fix #1 right now, just edit /usr/pluto/bin/StorageDevices_PlutoDirStructure.sh and add a preceeding slash before the path beginning with 'home/....' on lines 214 and 226. After this modification, MythTV works great in all of the storage groups! (You should do a reboot after making the change)
- lmcevdr_1.1-10_all.deb - more setup fixes, this time for the MD
- pluto-boot-scripts_22.214.171.124.09042621919_i386.deb (234) - small fix to get rid of a warning on DCERouter startup re missing dir., New MythTV directory structure stuff
- pluto-asterisk_126.96.36.199.09042621919_i386.deb (270,271) - Added Support for Cisco 7910 phone
- pluto-dhcpd-plugin_188.8.131.52.09042621919_i386.deb (302) - Added support for Cisco 7910 phone
- pluto-system-database_184.108.40.206.09042621919_i386.deb (211) - If new devices are added, the pluto-system-database needs to be updates as well
- pluto-storage-devices_220.127.116.11.09042621919_i386.deb (533) - Adds new tv_shows_* directories. Generates MythTV storage groups
- pluto-std-plugins_18.104.22.168.09042621919_i386.deb (134,153) - adds some useful debugging snippets that helped trace down the problem of mythtv attributes not adding to pluto_media
- pluto-mythtv-plugin_22.214.171.124.09042621919_i386.deb (134,153) - lots of changes to facilitate the new storage groups
- pluto-network-storage_126.96.36.199.09042621919_i386.deb (503,508) - small changes to work with new tv_shows_* directories
20090429 (alpha 2.12)
- pluto-storage-devices_188.8.131.52.09042921929_i386.deb (533) - Fixes some small bugs in MythTV storage groups
- pluto-boot-scripts_184.108.40.206.09042921929_i386.deb (234) - misc. MythTV storage group enhancements
- pluto-mythtv-plugin_220.127.116.11.09042921929_i386.deb (134,153) - misc. MythTV storage group enhancement
- mce-diskless-tools_18.104.22.168.09042921929_i386.changes (627,628) - lots of fixes for MD boot- Changes effect new installs only
- pluto-system-database_22.214.171.124.09042921929_i386.deb (211) - Fixes hardy issue in sources.list
- pluto-nvidia-video-drivers_126.96.36.199.09042921929_i386.deb (490) - changed the package requirement to nvidia-glx-180 for intrepid
20090501 (alpha 2.13)
There are a few more MythTV storage group changes in this build. Please understand that the storage group name changes may throw mythweb out of whack on some old recordings, but this should be minimal. The old "user_*/<storage_device>" naming scheme is replaced with a "<username>:<storage_device>" naming convention. This will appeal to many more users than the user_* convention. Also, there is now support for custom storage groups. You can make your own storage groups now on top of the auto-generated LMCE ones by prepending with "custom:" (for example, you may make a new storage group named "custom:MyDrive", and it will not be removed or overwritten by the scripts that generate the storage groups). One last change is in the "Default" storage group - it no longer points to the drive with most space. This was changed because eventually it would throw mythweb for a loop once the paths changed. I will look into a better way to defaultly record to the drive with most space, most likely using recording profiles.
- lmce-launch-manager (298,299) - db wrapper fix to handle empty resultsets
- pluto-bluetooth-dongle (124,143) - fix some connection issues in JavaMO
- pluto-mythtv-plugin (134,153)
- pluto-storage-devices (533)
- pluto-boot-scripts (234) - MD fixes
- mce-diskless-tools (391) - MD fixes
- pluto-install-scripts (627,628) - MD fixes
- pluto-x-scripts (520,523) - AV Wizard fix for MD
- pluto-zwave-lighting (505,506) - Init speedup
- pluto-zwave-lighting_188.8.131.52.09050321942_i386.deb (505,506) - boolean fixes
KDE on the MD should work now. The first boot of the system after the update will take a bit longer, as stuff that has not worked, is now being executed for the first time.
- mce-diskless-tools_184.108.40.206.09050521951_i386.deb (627,628) - Lots of small fixes
- pluto-system-database_220.127.116.11.09050521951_i386.deb (211) - More hardy extinction
- pluto-boot-scripts_18.104.22.168.09050521951_i386.deb (234) - Small bug with regards to MySQL authorization fixed, which results in a running KDE on the MD, again.
20090505 (alpha2.16 snafu fix)
- pluto-boot-scripts_22.214.171.124.09050521958_i386.deb (234) - snafu causing weird things and corruption on updates
- pluto-asterisk_126.96.36.199.09050621962_i386.deb (270,271) - Additional australian provider in the web admin (VoIPWA) and some janitory work.
- pluto-boot-scripts_188.8.131.52.09050621962_i386.deb (234) - Additional visual feedback during the first boot, after running the AV Wizard
- pluto-dhcpd-plugin_184.108.40.206.09050721973_i386.deb (302) - Pnp script for Cisco 7910, aastra (aastra still needs a device template)
- lmce-launch-manager_220.127.116.11.09050721973_i386.deb (298,299) - Launch manager is now started in its own screen session
- pluto-system-database_18.104.22.168.09050721973_i386.deb (211) - Removal of X Client Data as a dependency
- pluto-mythtv-plugin_22.214.171.124.09050721973_i386.deb (134,153) - small changes to keep backend in sync
- pluto-storage-devices_126.96.36.199.09050721973_i386.deb (533) - Updates the Default and LiveTV storage groups so they use the drive with most space
- pluto-boot-scripts_188.8.131.52.09050721973_i386.deb (234) - Better detection of Intel Mobile Graphics adapter
- lmcevdr - more VDR configuration settings
- pluto-boot-scripts_184.108.40.206.09051121983_i386.deb (234) - Another KDE Desktop on MD fix
- mce-diskless-tools_220.127.116.11.09051121984_i386.deb (627,628) - Be agnostic about the compression format of tar archives, and more forgiving on download problems
- lmcevdr_1.1-10_all.deb - more VDR configuration settings
- pluto-system-database_18.104.22.168.09051522002_i386.deb (211) - Additional package definitions (vdr-plugin-streamdev-server and vdr-plugin-streamdev-client)
- pluto-hald_22.214.171.124.09051522002_i386.deb (529,530) - USB detection, better MCE2 support
- pluto-vdr-plugin_126.96.36.199.09051522002_i386.deb (466,467) - Additional dependency for pluto-vdr-plugin to vdr-plugin-streamdev-server
- lmce-launch-manager_188.8.131.52.09051522002_i386.deb (298,299) - Prompt user for reload after new MD creation (Requires manual re-run of Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh)
- pluto-orbiter_184.108.40.206.09051522002_i386.deb (119,138) - Prompt user for reload after new MD creation (Requires manual re-run of Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh)
- pluto-storage-devices_220.127.116.11.09051522003_i386.deb (533) - some small MythTV storage group tweaks
- pluto-slim-server-streamer_18.104.22.168.09051522002_i386.deb (289,290) - changes to the configuraton script to start squeezecenter instead of slimserver
- pluto-website-admin_22.214.171.124.09051522002_i386.deb (220) - Screen Saver section fixed
- pluto-plutoutils_126.96.36.199.09051522002_i386.deb (197,196) - fix FileUtils::ReadURL method
- pluto-std-plugins_188.8.131.52.09051522002_i386.deb (116,135) - support for external media in conjunction with playlists
- pluto-website-admin_184.108.40.206.09052022008_i386.deb (220) - GSD/IR code update fixes
20090601 (alpha 2.22)
This update contains lots of changes to the storage mechanism. Make sure you can live without a working system for a while, in case things don't work out ...
- pluto-system-database_220.127.116.11.09060122043_i386.deb (211) - More VDR related changes in the package definitions.
- pluto-boot-scripts_18.104.22.168.09060122043_i386.deb (234) - New installations will use our own new_installation script, starting with number 1000000
- pluto-std-plugins_22.214.171.124.09060122043_i386.deb (116,135) - fixed bug in playlist support
- pluto-network-storage_126.96.36.199.09060122043_i386.deb (503,508) - New /home/public/data/pvr directory structure related
- pluto-storage-devices_188.8.131.52.09060122043_i386.deb (533) - New /home/public/data/pvr directory structure related
- pluto-mythtv-plugin_184.108.40.206.09060122043_i386.deb (134,153) - Storage group enhancements to use the new pvr directory, as well as addition of a new script to handle mythtv storagegroup creation and maintenance. Hopefully this will also fix some stability issues. Mythtv auto expire set from 1GB to 10GB to match the LMCE low disk space nag.
- pluto-website-admin_220.127.116.11.09060122043_i386.deb (220) - more Pluto -> LMCE renames...
- pluto-skins-basic_18.104.22.168.09060122043_i386.deb (204) - new art work for MythTV remote
- pluto-zwave-lighting22.214.171.124.09060122043_i386.deb (505,506) - inclusion enhancements
20090609 (alpha 2.23)
- pluto-boot-scripts_126.96.36.199.09060922056 (234)- backup procedure backs up pluto_media and mediapics
- pluto-skins-basic_188.8.131.52.09060922056 (204) - more art work for MythTV remote on a mobile, remove pluto from more orbiter screens
- pluto-system-database_184.108.40.206.09060922056 (211) - Updates to the MythTV remote and EnOcean package
- pluto-zwave-lighting_220.127.116.11.09060922056 (505,506) - device reset capabilities
- lmce-shoutcast-radio-plugin_18.104.22.168.09060922056 (703,704) - Initial shoutcast support
20090628 (alpha 2.24)
- lmce-mediatomb_22.214.171.124.09062822099_i386.deb (702) - Support for MediaTomb UPnP Server. One day, I will understand why people don't put UPnP into a name, when it handles the configuration of a UPnP Server
- pluto-asterisk_126.96.36.199.09062822099_i386.deb (270,271) - Make sure asterisk is owner of all /etc/asterisk files after updating the dialplan.
- pluto-dhcpd-plugin_188.8.131.52.09062822099_i386.deb (302) - Make sure asterisk is owner of all /etc/asterisk files after adding IP phones
- pluto-orbiter_184.108.40.206.09062822099_i386.deb (119,138) - Support for Gyration 3101
- pluto-skins-basic_220.127.116.11.09062822099_i386.deb (204) - more art work for voice mail
- pluto-slim-server-streamer_18.104.22.168.09062822099_i386.deb (289,290) - support playing of URLs via SqueezeBoxes, turn off SqueezeBoxes after stopping from Orbiter
- pluto-std-plugins_22.214.171.124.09062822099_i386.deb (116,135) - Updates to voice mail datagrid, media streams by default attempt to grab a synopsis from the attribute database, if available, support for Gyration 3101
- pluto-system-database_126.96.36.199.09062822099_i386.deb (211) - Updates to the voice mail screens, cursor no longer visible in video playback (Yeah, TschakEEE go!!!), Support for Gyration 3101
- pluto-zwave-lighting_188.8.131.52.09062822099_i386.deb (505,506) - enhanced logging
20090721 (alpha 2.25)
- lmce-shoutcast-radio-plugin_184.108.40.206.09072122164_i386.deb (703,704) - sanity check on configuration values, prevents excessive load when too low interval
- pluto-bluetooth-dongle_220.127.116.11.09072122164_i386.deb (124,143) - JavaMO -Updated keymappings for SE phones, doesn't turn on backlight - saves phone battery
- pluto-chromoflex_18.104.22.168.09072122164_i386.deb (711,712) - Initial support
- pluto-dhcpd-plugin_22.214.171.124.09072122164_i386.deb (302) - Fixing overambitious deletion in configure_squeezebox.pl
- pluto-irtrans-ethernet_126.96.36.199.09072122164_i386.deb (709,710) - Plug and play support for the IRTrans Ethernet dongles
- pluto-orbiter_188.8.131.52.09072122164_i386.deb (119,138) - Fix of serious keyboard bug introduced in alpha 2.24
- pluto-slim-server-streamer_184.108.40.206.09072122164_i386.deb (289,290) - Modified launch script. Trac #282 Preserve media position when moving media
- pluto-slimserver-plugin_220.127.116.11.09072122164_i386.deb (425,425) - Trac #282 Preserve media position when moving media
- pluto-standard-plugins_18.104.22.168.09072122164_i386.deb (116,135) - Changes to Media Plugin to make nicer output of playing media in Playlist datagrid.
- pluto-system-database_22.214.171.124.09072122164_i386.deb (211) - Updates to device template #53.
- pluto-av-wizard_126.96.36.199.09072222170_i386.deb (556,555) - HDMI sound support
- pluto-boot-scripts_188.8.131.52.09072222170_i386.deb (234) - HDMI sound support
- pluto-website-admin_184.108.40.206.09072222170_i386.deb (220) - HDMI sound support
- HDMI support requires ALSA 1.0.19 or later.
- lmce-activate-orbiter-plasmoid (707,708) - Plasmoid to re-activate Orbiter