Revision as of 02:29, 15 February 2009 by Tkmedia (New page: ==Installation== # Install Kubuntu Intrepid, update it and enable the restricted (video) drivers if needed. ([http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download download Kubuntu 8.10 release]) # R...)
- Install Kubuntu Intrepid, update it and enable the restricted (video) drivers if needed. (download Kubuntu 8.10 release)
- Run aptitude update and aptitude dist-upgrade to get the latest Kubuntu updates.
- Grab the latest installer script from here, unpack them and change into the freshly created new-installer directory.
- Run the following scripts (as root, in order): pre-install-from-repo.sh, mce-install.sh, post-install.sh.
- Reboot, wait for the activity to stop (see progress on console 8).
In other words, after installing Kubuntu and upgrading it etcetera:
sudo su - #This might ask for the password you specified earlier during the install of kubuntu. wget -c http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/new-installer-alpha-latest.tar.gz tar xvf new-installer-alpha-latest.tar.gz cd new-installer ./pre-install-from-repo.sh ./mce-install.sh ./post-install.sh reboot