LinuxMCE 710 DVD Installation
Warning: This installation will wipe the whole disk of the machine. All previous data will be permanently lost!
Getting Ready for Installation
- Download the LinuxMCE DVD .iso Image
- Burn it with your favorite DVD writing software.
- Enter your PC's BIOS (usually by pressing the DEL or F2 key at boot-up). Select the CD/DVD to be the first bootup device. Save your BIOS settings.
- Insert the LinuxMCE DVD in the drive.
- If your PC successfully boots from the LinuxMCE DVD you should see the following boot menu:
DVD Installation Options
- Install Linux Media Center - this will install LinuxMCE on your hard drive.
- Recovery - allows you to open a console and diagnose your non-bootable system or request support from the technical department.
- Memory test - test your PC's volatile memory (SDRAM, DDRAM).
- Boot from first hard disk - boot your PC from the first hard drive (like a normal boot).
To start the installation, choose the first option.
Choosing the Hard Drive
- Select the drive for install. Press 1 for the first hard-drive, 2 for the second hard-drive, etc. Remember, this wipes your HD: partitions, data, everything.
- The installation continues.
- When the installation is finished, you will be asked to remove the disc from the drive, close the tray and press 'enter'
After reboot, LinuxMCE will load, and you will be asked to configure your audio and video settings
For a more detailed look at the A/V Wizard CLICK HERE. Especially, if you do not see the AV Wizard, look at the detailed step by step instructions in there.
For a more detailed description CLICK HERE
LinuxMCE Launch Manager
LMCE Launch Manager will start your Media Center.
And open the Onscreen Orbiter
Is this still needed below
Click Computing, then Pluto Admin to open the LinuxMCE Web Admin page.
15.Login with your LMCE user and password, that you have created in VIdeo Wizard (the first user created).
16.Go to Advanced -> Network -> Network Settings to modify your network settings:
17.For the "external network card" select the type that you use to connect to the Internet.most users will choose dynamic IP address. If you use a static IP address choose this and type in the settings (IP/Subnet/Gateway/DNS) provided by your ISP.
18.After you've finished setting up your network press update, and then the close button from the bottom right side of the screen.