Userspace is meant as a area for every LinuxMCE User to manage their files, mails, contacts, calendars and VDR. The main software is based on OwnCloud which is known as a solid dropbox alternative with many plugins. OwnCloud community is very healthy and #owncloud-dev does have some nice people which help wherever needed! :-)
Software Userspace is based on
- OwnCloud 7 or latest master (v8.0.0)
- user_lmce (authentication based on pluto_main DB, WORKING)
- mail - workin on it
- lmce_vdr - working but somehow useless for others
- files_lmce - (Mount the the data directory's from LMCE,WORKING)
- agenda - working on it.
- contacts - working on it.
- and many more apps available at http://apps.owncloud.com
- dovecot (manage mails and accounts)
- postfix (send mails)
Get the install script:
Make it executable and run it:
chmox +x ./owncloud_setup.sh ./owncloud_setup.sh setup
The script takes these arguments:
- setup - Install OwnCloud 7
- setup master - Install OwnCloud latest master
- 12.04: PHP 5.4 required like so http://www.pixelite.co.nz/article/upgrading-php-54-ubuntu-1204-lts-support-drupal-8/
- 14.04 is shipped with 5.5.x
- delete - delete OwnCloud and its DB
- update - update OwnCloud and LinuxMCE related Apps
OwnCloud install is available under:
- http://dcerouter/userspace/ or http://192.168.80.1/userspace/ | /var/www/userspace/config/config.php <-- 'trusted_domains' is required for more domains.
- Default admin: linuxmce, Password: linuxmce or login use your existing user
OwnCloud offers a commandline interface where you can trigger some actions.
Show all available commands:
sudo -su www-data /var/www/userspace/occ
Its useful to run file:scan after install to make sure all mounts get indexed:
sudo -su www-data /var/www/userspace/occ files:scan --all