Userspace is meant as a area for every LinuxMCE User to manage their files, mails, contacts, calendars and VDR. The main software is based on NextCloud which is known as a solid dropbox alternative with many plugins. NextCloud community is very healthy and #nextcloud does have some nice people which help wherever needed! :-)
Software Userspace is based on
- NextCloud 12 or latest master
- lmce_user (authentication based on pluto_main DB, WORKING)
- mail - workin on it
- lmce_vdr - working but somehow useless for others
- lmce_files - (Mount the the data directory's from LMCE,WORKING)
- agenda - working on it.
- contacts - working on it.
- and many more apps available at http://apps.nextcloud.com
- dovecot (manage mails and accounts)
- postfix (send mails)
Get the install script:
Make it executable and run it:
chmod +x nextcloud_setup.sh ./nextcloud_setup.sh setup
The script takes these arguments:
- setup - Install NextCloud
- setup master - Install NextCloud latest master
- 14.04: PHP 5.6 required
- delete - delete NextCloud and its DB
- update - update NextCloud and LinuxMCE related Apps
Howto get PHP5.6 on 14.04: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5.6 sudo a2dismod php5 sudo a2enmod php5.6 sudo service apache2 restart
Install php modules: sudo apt-get install php5.6-cli php5.6-json php5.6-curl php5.6-imap php5.6-gd php5.6-mysql php5.6-xml php5.6-zip php5.6-intl php5.6-mcrypt php5.6-imagick php5.6-mbstring sudo service apache2 restart
NextCloud install is available under:
- http://dcerouter/userspace/ or http://192.168.80.1/userspace/ | /var/www/userspace/config/config.php <-- 'trusted_domains' is required for more domains.
- Default admin: linuxmce, Password: linuxmce or login use your existing user
NextCloud offers a commandline interface where you can trigger some actions.
Show all available commands:
sudo -su www-data /var/www/userspace/occ
Its useful to run file:scan after install to make sure all mounts get indexed:
sudo -su www-data /var/www/userspace/occ files:scan --all