This page is meant as an overview, what targets exist for the qOrbiter, and what kind of requirements each of the targets has.
Linux is the main platform qOrbiter is developed on.
Qt lib version = 4.8.3
Android is the main target for smaller skins.
Qt lib version = 4.8.2 (necessitas)
Symbian could be target. We need developers for this.
Qt lib version = 4.8.x (latest 4.x should always be usable. Details on QtProject
no specific QML created as of yet posde
Windows x86 successfully builds with the MSVC compiler.
Unfortunately, there is a segfault that happens shortly after skin-loading takes place. The root cause of the segfault has not yet been determined.
Qt lib version = 4.8.x (latest 4.x should be usable)
Windows RT could be a target, but there are no devs for it atm.
In order to work on WinRT, QOrbiter will need to be made into a Windows Store app. There are a few dependency hurdles that will need to be cleared in order for that to happen.
- QT libs needs to be ported to WinRT.
- Status of that project can be found here: 
- DCE and other supporting LinuxMCE libs need to be ported to WinRT.
- Not all win32 apis are available from the Windows Store app sandbox. Threading and sockets come to mind. Significant re-write and/or shims may be necessary.
Qt lib version = QT5
iOS is an important target, but atm there is no release of a Qt lib that we can use for it.
- Qt lib version = 4.8.x builds to real OSX .app bundle with icon. Does actually work (checked may 2013)
- Qt lib version = 5 does not compile atm