When you figure out a better way, edit the article. Until then this is just discussion. Trout 08:06, 21 September 2007 (MST)
- When you have something usefull to add for a change, edit the article. Otherwise, quit pestering the people that do --Zaerc 12:59, 21 September 2007 (MST)
I am at a loss to understand this battle. The original commit was another way to accomplish the same thing. There are a lot pages on this site that have very similar issues. What is the harm in giving people more than one option even if that option is one in the same. If nothing else it offers all of us an opportunity to learn something different. The second option (perl) is another example. Personally I feel both should be left on the page and just remove the editorial commitments as these are truly the things that belong in discussions.
--Rwilson131 09:27, 23 September 2007 (MST)
I'm sure AVJohn is very happy with you pissing all over his page just to prove a point Trout. And how nice of you to make it personal. So thanks for the lessons on properly maintaining a wiki, you're a real champ. --Zaerc 02:50, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- Keep the articles clean and use the discussion-pages for...ahh, discussions! And when you reply, please indent, it's so much easier to follow a discussion that way. --Samme 02:58, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- Zaerc, you keep making it more clear that you don't understand how a wiki works. First of all, I tried to be nice by just moving the discussion piece of the page to the discussion area. This was not acceptable to you, and you moved it back with a nasty comment. I tried again with the same result, and a worse comment from you. So, IMO you are the one who made it personal. Second, when you sait "... all over his page", you are completely wrong about page ownership. The page belongs to the wiki and it's not personally AVJohns, this misunderstanding of yours is exactly what caused you to be upset to see "your text" moved to the discussion page. Having the discussion moved to it's correct place is not something to take personally. BTW: you're welcome for the wiki lessons. Trout 04:50, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- So I'm the one putting a personal rant aimed at you on that page? Have some respect for the people who actually contribute, because it seems more like all the pages here belong to you. --Zaerc 07:40, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- Yes, this is an insult to me "please don't edit pages unless you actually have something to add". I feel that I am adding clarity when I move your comments to the discussion page. You are personally attacking me when you imply I am not adding anything. "go find something usefull to do, instead of pestering people that actually add information" Again another insult, implying that I have nothing better to do than mess with your addition for no purpose. Also discounting my contributions as though they are somehow less important than yours. I don't think that all the pages belong to me and I have stated so. I am sorry if you perceived that, it was not my intent.
- I really think that the page is better served without different options of editing a file. The page is about detecting serial ports, not how to create a text file. It should be enough to say "create a file like this ..." IMO this would serve the users best. Trout 09:07, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- Hey hey hey! No you have to stop, both of you, we're in this together, work with each other, not against each other, now we end this discussion and continue the work with the wiki - and from now on discussions goes on to the pages that are designated for discussions so we can stick to the facts in the articles. Do we have a agreement? --Samme 09:49, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- Samme, Of course I'm in agreement, this was my point from the beginning. Trout 10:57, 24 September 2007 (MST)
- You guys make me sick with all your hypocritical bullshit. And then that pathetic excuse that this is to "serve" the users, seems pretty obvious this is not done in their best interest. But I guess coming forward to say what it is really about would actually take a pair. --Zaerc 11:56, 25 September 2007 (MST)
End the madness...
Hi, i took the liberty to add a new page to the wiki Editing_Text where I put the tricks the two of you offered.
And I linked to the new page from the appropriate passage within the article...
I hope, this will end the fight... And I hope I will read a lot from both of you on this wiki in the future.
Best Regards, Chewi