- Reset the password for the LinuxMCE Admin site
- My device is not started properly
- svn default properties
- Adding new computing apps
- Installing on a new platform
- Installer for Windows
- Installer Problems
- After installation my screen is black
- Testing and troubleshooting devices
- 1 Orbiter cannot register with the router. please try again later.
- 2 E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
- 3 How to change LMCE's DHCP settings
- 4 LMCE loses its Network connection during the install
- 5 The installer downloaded from the website doesn't work
- 6 Applications are not started (Slimserver, Asterisk, ..)
Orbiter cannot register with the router. please try again later.
I've seen this error before if the Asterisk was disabled:
go to the web admin page (type your core's IP in a browser) and from the upper menu, choose wizard / devices / core and see if the 'Asterisk' check-box is checked.
Once I've checked it again, at the next reload, the error dissappeared.
But it might be another reason for it, too. 
maybe this will do the trick:
1. clean apt-get: apt-get clean
2. go to /var/lib/apt/lists and do mv lock lock.old.
then , rerun the installer. 
How to change LMCE's DHCP settings
Go to Web Admin -> Advanced -> Network -> Network Settings 
If you go to the "devices tree" in the LinuxMCE Admin Website you can see that the top level devices have MAC- and IP- addresses specified 
LMCE loses its Network connection during the install
- Just go to a terminal and sudo ifdown eth0 and sudo ifup eth0 this should reconnect to internet. 
- To solve this just re-boot and re-start the LMCE installer when it loses connection, then it'll go all the way through. 
- Do sudo apt-get install arping before starting the LMCE installer, reboot first and make sure you are still connected to the net. 
The installer downloaded from the website doesn't work
Make sure you are using the MCE installer from the CD's Not from the link on the web site, the one the web site is for ubuntu 6.10
If you used the one from the link on the website. Delete the install script and install the one from the CD. 
Applications are not started (Slimserver, Asterisk, ..)
Make sure you have a supported soundcard in the core. The AppServer device segfaults if amixer fails to detect the mixer. The fix involves adding a sound care or added a fake sound card as below:
Make it permanent by adding snd-dummy to the end of /etc/modules by
and adding snd-dummy to bottom of file.