Revision as of 01:28, 17 August 2008 by Rwilson131 (Remove incorrect information)
- located in /usr/pluto/bin
- used in MythTV as external channel changing script
/usr/pluto/bin/TuneToChannel.sh [device id] [video source id]
- device id: This is the device number of the device were the channel will change. (ie. STB, Satellite Receiver). This number can be found at Advanced > Configuration > Devices in the drop down list located in the left hand frame.
- video source id: This is the video source from MythTV, this is used to get the channel XMLTV ID and Channel number to send to the above device. You may need to get this from the database. From a command line. Ctr-Atl-2 will bring up a command line.
mysql -u root mythconverg select * from videosource; | sourceid | name | xmltvgrabber | userid | freqtable | lineupid | password | useeit | | 9 | Provider 4 | schedulesdirect1 | XXXXXXXXX | default | TN41505:X | XXXXXXXX | 0 |
- Use the number in the first column as the number for video source id
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend dcerouter 0 254 1 187 68 121 39 18544
dcerouter - server 0 - DeviceFrom 254 - DeviceTo (DCT2200 Cable Box) 1 - MsgType: Command 187 - Command "Tune To Channel" The rest are MsgID blocks which require [parmid paramvalue] parmid 68 (Channel Number): paramvalue 121 parmid 39(XMLTV ID): paramvalue 18544
For more explanation of MessageSend see this article : MessageSend