- located in /usr/pluto/bin
- used in MythTV as external channel changing script
/usr/pluto/bin/TuneToChannel.sh [device id] [video source id]
- device id: This is the device number of the device were the channel will change. (ie. STB, Satellite Receiver). This number can be found at Advanced > Configuration > Devices in the drop down list located in the left hand frame.
- video source id: This is the video source from MythTV, this is used to get the channel XMLTV ID and Channel number to send to the above device. You may need to get this from the database. From a command line. Ctr-Atl-2 will bring up a command line.
mysql -u root mythconverg select * from videosource; | sourceid | name | xmltvgrabber | userid | freqtable | lineupid | password | useeit | | 9 | Provider 4 | schedulesdirect1 | XXXXXXXXX | default | TN41505:X | XXXXXXXX | 0 |
- Use the number in the first column as the number for video source id
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend dcerouter 0 254 1 187 68 121 39 18544
dcerouter - server 0 - DeviceFrom 254 - DeviceTo (DCT2200 Cable Box) 1 - MsgType: Command 187 - Command "Tune To Channel" The rest are MsgID blocks which require [parmid paramvalue] parmid 68 (Channel Number): paramvalue 121 parmid 39(XMLTV ID): paramvalue 18544
For more explanation of MessageSend see this article : MessageSend
- In LinuxMCE 0710b3 this file has DOS carriage return characters at the end of its lines. Before the script can be successfully run, those characters need to be edited out using a text editor such as vi
- In LinuxMCE 0710b3 running this script results in each digit of the requested channel number being blasted 4 times in sequence; thus not actually transmitting the correct channel request.
- I do not think this is correct. There are indeed DOS carriage returns, but I have been using this script in the external channel change command for several weeks, without one missed channel change, and the script is unmodified on my MD. I have not seen any problems with duplicate digits. My wife watches a lot of live tv from MythTV and she has not been complaining about problems changing channels. Can someone please confirm if these are indeed issues?--Rwilson131 22:46, 15 February 2008 (PST)