Revision as of 14:27, 27 June 2008 by Jspeckman
Here are the steps needed to upgrade the SlimServer that comes with LinuxMCE (7.04) to a newer version of Squeezecenter.
- Download the version of squeezecenter you want to run to the core.
- cd to /usr/pluto/servers
- Backup the existing SlimServer directory. ie mv SlimServer SlimServer.lmce
- Move the downloaded file to /usr/pluto/servers and unarchive it.
- Make a soft link to the new directory. ln -s squeezecenter-some-version SlimServer This step just makes upgrades or downgrades go a little faster.
- Add a user slimserver and a group slimserver This is the default that Squeezecenter runs as
- Change the ownership of squeezecenter's directory to that of slimserver. chown -R slimserver:slimserver squeezecenter-some-version
At this point you should be able to restart the dcerouter. This should start the new version of squeezecenter
(more to come)
|This article is a stub and requires expansion|