Difference between revisions of "User:Chrysemys"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 18:42, 29 July 2010
Some 12 years of Debian experience might be enough to start useng LinuxMCE, just not much experience in editing wiki's
- MoBo: MSI 770-C45 The on-board NIC is not supported by Intrepid's native desktop kernel. Considering to the age of Intrepid I decided to build a new 188.8.131.52 kernel according to http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu: How To Compile A Kernel - The Ubuntu Way
- CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620
- CPU cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B
- HD: 3x Samsung EcoGreen F2 EG HD154UI, 1.5TB
- PSU: Nexus NX-5000 R3 530W; nice and silent if only the case fans could also perform that silent.
- Infrared Tranceiver: IguanaIR
- Case: Chieftec CA-01B-B-SL, a bit big, but lots of space for air circulation
- TV-card: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-4000
- GPU: Club3D 9400GT HDMI Passive.
2010 07 29: installation of current mce 810 (wget -c http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/new-installer-latest.tar.gzwget -c http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/new-installer-latest.tar.gz:
- manual download of:
* pluto-sample-media_184.108.40.206.09112922522_i386.deb * video-wizard-videos_1.1_all.deb
From: http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/lmce-alpha2-updates/binary-i386/ After the third missing package I dived a bit deeper into it and added the line deb http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/ intrepid lmce-alpha2-updates to /etc/apt/source.list which was enough.