- 3R System HT-1100 HTPC case with LCD display
- MSI K9NGM3
- AMD Athlon X2 BE 2,4 GHz
- Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7050 with HDMI out
- Integrated Realtek RTL8211BL Gbit LAN
- Main Soundcard Budget 7.1 Soundcard with SPDIF
- 2. Soundcard Realtek ALC888 (onboard)
- 3. Soundcard Budget 5.1 Soundcard
- Standard DVD drive
- Gyration Dongle
- USB UIRT
This is my setup in the living room. Goal is to have perfect audio and video in the mainzone and to have stereo audiozones in the second and third zone. For now I've a working MD controlling the Yamaha Receiver (RS232) and the Plasma TV (using USB UIRT).
The MD has three soundcards. The first one is serving 7.1 audio through SPDIF, which is used for normal audio playback and video playback. The two other soundcard are currently running as squeezeslave. They are registered in squeezecenter, but I can't get any sound of it until now.
I hope, that I get this running and have two soundcards running as squeezeboxes, connect them as analog audio source to the receiver and have the receiver controlling the mainzone and the two audiozones.