Difference between revisions of "User:Phenigma"
(update some components, adds 1204 build as installed & operational system)
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
= Operational System =
= Operational System =
Revision as of 20:25, 23 September 2012
dma.dmachans=0x3c bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1824 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=984 bcm2708.boardrev=0x2 bcm2708.serial=0x29353735 smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:35:37:35 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait
- Feb. 5, 2011- Running an 0810 DVD snapshot (23289) installed beta system with all current upgrades.
- Jan. 1, 2012- Running a 1004 Internet install in dual-boot on same hardware
- Feb. 18, 2012- Running a 1204 build of LMCE (home built) on kubuntu 1204 precise alpha 2.
- ASUS M4A87TD EVO w/AMD Athlon II X2 3.2Ghz - UI2
- 4 GB RAM (32bit LMCE sees 3GB), Onboard Realtek 8111E 1GB LAN, S/PDIF Optical Audio
- Palit nVidia GT210 512MB Fanless PCIe x16 2.0, DVI->HDMI - 1080P - VDPAU
- Intel 1000CT PCIe NIC
- Panasonic VIERA VT 50" 3D Plasma TV with Ethernet & RS-232 (RS-232 control)
- Denon 3311CI HDMI AV Receiver with Ethernet & RS-232 (Ethernet control)
- PS3 - Logitech Harmony Adapter - mimics PS3 blu-ray remote (IR control)
- Bell 9242 Dual-Tuner PVR (IR control)
- WD HD TV Live+ (IR control)
- USB Bluetooth Adaptor - Wiimote, PS3 Sixaxis - not currently configured
- Mediagate MCE Remote (via USBUIRT)
- Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
- ASUS EeeBox B202 Atom 230 1.6 Ghz - UI1
- 1 GB RAM, 1GB LAN, Analog Audio, VGA - 720P - xv
- Powered PC Speakers
- LCD Monitor
- Zotac IONITX-A-U Atom N330 1.6 Ghz - UI2
- 2 GB RAM, 1GB LAN, Optical Digital Audio, VGA - 720P - VDPAU
- Toshiba 42HP86 Plasma TV
- WebDT 366LX (x4) - Modified PadOrbiter install with squeezeslaves
- Nokia N800 - Diablo Orbiter
- Nokia N900 - Fremantle Orbiter
- some builds do not include the windows orbiter installer. Check Control_LinuxMCE_using_a_Windows_device_as_an_Orbiter
- Asus RT-N56U
- Linksys WRT350N - DD-WRT v24preSP2
- Internet Firewall
- Asterisk 1.4 Server - SIP line (not yet controlled by LMCE)
- Linksys PAP2T-NA ATA
- 2 x D-Link 8-Port Gigabit Green switches
- QNAP-410 TurboNAS
- Marvell 800Mhz, 256MB RAM, 2x1GB LAN
- 4x2TB SATA HDDs - RAID5
- Debian running apt-cacher-ng.
- Disconnect the core from the internal lmce network
- Internet Install (1004) or Boot the Installation DVD and choose "Install LinuxMCE" (0810), follow the instructions.
- The onboard Realtek 8111e PCIe NIC needs updating from the manufacturer. Download, compile and install a new r8168.ko (0810)
- Not Used -- The onboard VT1818 audio chip needs updated ALSA drivers, luckily these are included with LMCE already. (0810)
- The Intel 1000CT PCIe NIC needs updating from the manufacturer. Download, compile and install a new e1000.ko (0810)
- Continue Installing according to the DVD installation instructions for 0810 beta2, LinuxMCE-0810_beta.
- Stop UpdateMedia from mangling my id3 tags, this causes updatemedia to import data but not update the file's id3tags.
echo SyncId3Files=false >> /etc/UpdateMedia.conf
- Install ALSA 1.0.20 (0810) or .24 (1004) drivers to enable HDMI on the Geforce GT210
sudo su wget ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/alsa-driver-1.0.24.tar.bz2 tar xvf alsa-driver-1.0.24.tar.bz2 cd alsa-driver-1.0.24.tar.bz2 ./configure make all make install
- Unmute all 'S/PDIF X' outputs using alsamixer or by running:
amixer sset "IEC958,0" unmute amixer sset "IEC958,1" unmute amixer sset "IEC958,2" unmute amixer sset "IEC958,3" unmute
- Add the following to /etc/pluto/xine.conf to enable 5.1 PCM over hdmi (and therefor multichannel AAC). This works great in 0810, but the exact same setup in 1004 does not give multichannel AAC (through pcm on hdmi). The multichannel is being downmixed to stereo and sent pcm stereo over the hdmi in 1004.
audio.device.alsa_pcm_device:hdmi audio.device.alsa_passthrough_device:hdmi audio.device.alsa_surround40_device:hdmi audio.device.alsa_surround51_device:hdmi audio.output.speaker_arrangement:Pass Through
- Install libdvdcss - This will be added to the default diskless MD image if installed on the core before running Diskless_CreateTBZ.
apt-get update apt-get install libdvdcss2 w32codecs
- Create the initial MD images
- Configure the D-Link DWA-552 as an Access Point
- Turn devices on/plug-in one by one
- Zotac ION - and configure the onboard wireless as an Access Point
- EeeBox - UI1 only under 0810, UI2 under 1004
- Install ms codecs
apt-get update apt-get install w32codecs
My Contributions to LMCE
I have been 'accused' of not ever contributing to LMCE "AT ALL". This is my response. These are some of the things I have contributed to LMCE.
Launch Manager - Double Orbiter - Sept '09
Discussion of double orbiter, solution is mbMediaRunning=false line needs to be added
Resolution of double orbiter, tschak added the line to svn
Removing this line causes the double orbiter problem to return.
AVWizard honors Cancel
Install from DVD instead of Internet
Allow files on DVD to be used during install - up until now internet .debs have been used instead of local versions from the DVD. This saves hundreds of MB of downloads during an installation... You already DLed the files on the DVD, why DL them again?
Disable the KDE screensaver when KDE is loaded
Use NIS to determine the homedir when disabling the KDE screensaver
Add the 'Activate Orbiter' desktop icon when KDE is loaded
Although I created this bootsplash, modeled after the xubuntu package, I was told it was a 'feature' and subsequently did not complete submitting it to SVN during the Beta feature freeze. There is some other 'glue' required to configure the bootsplash to work with all systems and not garble the shutdown splash on compositing systems. This is incorporated as a build-replacement on my builder.
WebDT366LX PadOrbiter image
Although someone said it would be impossible to create an image, with Orbiter, small enough to fit in the 500MB flash of the WebDT366LX (12MB smaller than the GX)... I managed to remove some useless garbage and resize the image with everything that was necessary onto the flash drive and I managed to fit a sqeezeslave player into the image as well.
libxine2 for 0810
This solves pretty much all issues with video and audio playback I have come across in 0810. This is incorporated as a build-replacement on my builder.
External settop switching
Fixes an issue in Orbiter that causes undesireable switching when an external settop box is selected from a non-OSD orbiter
Useful Commands / Processes
Re-initialize the Media Database
(From forum post http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=6408.msg70571#msg70571)
- Disable the UpdateMedia daemon
# /usr/pluto/bin/UpdateMediaDaemonControl.sh –disable
- Login to mysql and remove the database
# mysql -uroot # drop database pluto_media; # quit
- Re-initialize the media database
# cp /usr/pluto/database/media.sqlcvs . # /usr/pluto/bin/sqlCVS -D pluto_media -r media import
- Re-start the UpdateMedia daemon
# /usr/pluto/bin/UpdateMediaDaemonControl.sh –enable
Set Root password on MD
Get superuser privs and enter your password:
$ sudo su -
chroot to the MDs environment (XX is the MD#), run passwd and enter your desired root password for this MD.
# chroot /usr/pluto/diskless/XX/ # passwd
You can now ssh, or login, to the MD as root.
The createbuilder.sh script
Posde shared a script in the forum to create a chroot LMCE0810 Builder from scratch.
sqlCvS webadmin use
Outstanding Issues I need to investigate as I have time
- Proper (complete) device templates for TV, Receiver, PS3, Wii, 9242 PVR