Version 0710 RC1
Version 0710 RC1 was released April 23rd, 2008
On April 25th we will go ahead and release it and have it mastered to DVD unless anybody finds any significant problems with it.
Before installing, check out the Known issues 0710 RC1.
LinuxMCE is integrated into the KDE desktop and runs on Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10. Click here for the change log.
- Choose one of the torrents or mirrors here: Mirrors 0710 RC1
How to install :
1. If you have a Kubuntu 0710 installed and you want to keep your applications settings, use CD's installation. Same steps as for 0704 (go here).
2. If you want to do a quick install, use the DVD's. It will install both Kubuntul 0710 and LinuxMCE 0710. More here.
Warning: The DVD quick installation will wipe the whole disk of the machine, all previous data will be permanently lost!
3. If you have LMCE 0704, you might want to try one of the following upgrade methods ( more here ):
- Installation using the upgrade DVD, with keep settings option (also works if you want to switch to amd64 version).
- Download the upgrade helper application from gutsy-upgrade-scripts_0.1.0-2_i386.deb and choose to install from web or from DVD, if you have the double layer dvd.
FOSS 0710 for the FOSS and development community explains what happened with the open source development after 1.1, and the current plans to develop a FOSS community