Version 0710 beta3
January 16, 2008 Version 0710 beta 3 is released
Before installing, check out the Known issues 0710 beta 3.
Feedback please report the results of your installation and be sure to describe any problems you have, and if possible, include contact information.
LinuxMCE is integrated into the KDE desktop and runs on Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10. Major changes:
- Added support for amd64
- Added support for mixed amd64/i386 md’s
- Added support for 1080p resolution. It work great with the masking UI, but it’s slow with alpha blended UI.
- Upgraded xine to latest version
- Latest mythtv packages and fixes for lmce mythtv stuff
- Integrated VDR to LMCE and added support for few dvb-s cards
- Telecom refactoring, most of the issues fixed (you can now easily create a conference, leave a conference, merge two conferences, use an assisted transfer, etc). Upgraded to asterisk 1.4.10
- Added latest nVidia drivers (169.07 Dec 20th)
More here Changelog 0710
- Choose one of the torrents or mirrors here: Mirrors 0710 beta 3
How to install :
1. If you have a Kubuntu 0710 installed and you want to keep your applications settings, use CD's installation. Same steps as for 0704 (go here).
2. If you want to do a quick install, use the DVD's. It will install both Kubuntul 0710 and LinuxMCE 0710. More here.
3. If you have LMCE 0704, you might want to try one of the following upgrade methods ( more here ):
- Installation using the upgrade DVD, with keep settings option (also works if you want to switch to amd64 version).
- Download the upgrade helper application from gutsy-upgrade-scripts_0.1.0-1_i386.deb and choose to install from web or from DVD, if you have the double layer dvd.
FOSS 0710 for the FOSS and development community explains what happened with the open source development after 1.1, and the current plans to develop a FOSS community