VoIP with XS4ALL
Before you start you need to have activated your XS4All VoIP number. As you will need the account details further on, replace <08787.....> with your own phone number and <password> with the password for that number.
1. Go to the web admin page (type your core's IP in a browser) and from the upper menu, choose Advanced > Configuration > Phones setup, you should see the Asterisk Management Portal (AMP) welcome page now.
2. Choose Setup, a menu appears, goto Trunks and select Add SIP Trunk.
- General Settings - Outbound Caller ID: <08787.....> Maximum channels: - Outgoing Dial Rules - Dial Rules: 020+ZXXXXXX 0ZXXXXXXXX 0+0031|ZXXXXXXXX 00ZXXXXXXXXXX Outbound Dial Prefix: - Outgoing Settings - Trunk Name: xs4all PEER Details: host=sip.xs4all.nl secret=<password> type=peer username=<08787.....> - Incoming Settings - USER Context: xs4all-in USER Details: allow=g723&g729&alaw&ulaw context=from-pstn disallow=all externip=<your-ip> fromdomain=sip.xs4all.nl fromuser=08787..... host=sip.xs4all.nl insecure=very nat=yes port=5060 qualify=no restricted=no secret=<password> type=friend username=08787..... - Registration - Register String: <08787.....>:<password>@sip.xs4all.nl
3. Hit the submit button and proceed to Outbound Routing.
Route Name: VoIP Route Password: Dial Patterns: 0031|ZXXXXXXXX ZXXXXXX Trunk Sequence: SIP/xs4all
4. Click You have made changes - when finished, click here to APPLY them (in the red bar near the top of the page) after which you should be able to make and receive calls using your XS4ALL VoIP number.
I am not 100% sure whether this is the right setup for LinuxMCE, so if there is a better way or anything else is wrong then please update this page or leave a message in the Adding voip phone lines not on the providers list thread on the forum.