Windows MCE Receiver
- Vendors Website: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=065
- Supported by LinuxMCE
There are two common version of the USB IR Receiver/Transmitter
- Phillips eHome Infrared Transceiver
- SMK eHome Infrared Transceiver
Both are supported in the latest version of LIRC
- IR Receiver is supported
- The easiest method of installation is via the LinuxMCE Admin Website
- IR Transmitter is supported with driver module lirc_mceusb2 version >= 0.24 (lirc-0.8.2).
- However, the transmitter is not currently supported in LinuxMCE
1. Currently you need to run the following command in order to get the LIRC modules available for use
depmod -ae modprobe lirc_mceusb2
This should allow the modules to be available and you should be able to use the remote control with the USB dongle included with the remote.