(Redirected from Usbuirt)
|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|810||Working||3rd May 2010||Kezza|
- Manufacturer home page: http://www.usbuirt.com/
- Seems to work in the LinuxMCE 704 demo video
Use in LinuxMCE
- This device is Plug&play, which means no significant amount of modifications are required to get it to work. Don't forget to Quick reload router after installation is complete.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PERFECTLY GOOD BATTERIES IN YOUR REMOTE, IF YOU ENCOUNTER PROBLEMS RECORDING IR CODES
- Windows XP MC Remote is added automatically.
- Adding different remotes please see following page. Tested and worked perfectly 27/01/2010 http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Add_support_for_new_remote_controls
Controlling AV Devices
- AV Devices is the main page used for making and adjusting control over A/V Equipment.
- Also take a look at Infrared Codes if you are having problems with the prepopulated Codesets.
The USB-UIRT, along with Automation Software such as LinuxMCE, allows your PC to both Receive and Transmit infrared signals -- exactly like those used by the collection of remote controls you've acquired for your TV, VCR, Audio System, etc. The USB-UIRT can:
- Receive signals from the remote controls you already have (allowing your PC to perform actions when the 'Play' button is pressed on your VCR remote, for example)
- 'Learn' from remotes you already have and Transmit a duplicate of these signals from your PC (for example, your PC could automatically turn ON your VCR and tune it to channel 3)
- Use codes available from the Web for other remotes (such as the Philips Pronto) to control all of your equipment with Remote (IR) receivers (including special 'discrete' remote codes your brand-name remote doesn't include!). For example, the USB-UIRT could transmit the discrete 'Input 3' code to your TV to directly switch it to input 3, rather than cycling through all of the inputs.
- 34-40KHz Frequency Range
- 56KHz IR Receiver Add-On Option*
- UIR-compatible Receiver Mode
- >8 Meter Sensitivity
- IR Wavelength Filtered
- USB Wake-from-Standby Capability
- Built-in wideband IR detector for accurate Learning, including carrier frequency.
- 20-60KHz Frequency Range
- Two (2) built-in High-Power Emitters
- 1/8" Mini-Jack for External Emitters
- UIRT-compatible Struct and Raw modes
- Extended-length code support in hardware (up to 96burst-pairs)
- Max-length burst code support in driver (up to 2048 burst-pairs)
- 2.4"W x 1.5"D x 0.7"H
Because of a bug within ftdi_sio.c, the UIRT can't transmit commands....
SethJ has prepared an excellent description of the fix.
USA : http://www.usbuirt.com Europe : http://www.hightechpad.com/?q=content/usb-uirt-56k-enchanced-version - dead domain for Europe shop :(