Building LinuxMCE 0804
With this tutorial I'll try to summarize the step involved in building the LinuxMCE CDs and DVDs together with some changes that I've done when switching from Kubuntu 0704 to Kubuntu 0710.
- Powerful enough system to do the compilation and building of packages as is a cpu intensive task and it can take quite a long time.
- Lot of disk space, at least 40G hard drive.
- A working internet connection as the build and preparation process will need to access get some files from the public domain.
- Install Kubuntu 0804. I use the desktop installation CD and i would recommend to do the same as this steps will consider this kind of installation performed. Of course an Ubuntu Server or Alternate CD will work too but you may need to install some build dependencies / runtime libraries that I have by default installed on Kubuntu 0804.
- Install some subversion so you can checkout a copy of the build script from LinuxMCE's svn.
apt-get install subversion