When installing lmce there are a myriad of possible packages, the correct initial package must be chosen for apt-get install to achieve a desired setup.
Hybrid - lmce-hybrid
Core Only - lmce-core
Disked MD - lmce-disked-md-base
RPi2 MD - lmce-disked-md-rpi2
Joggler Orbiter - lmce-disked-mid-joggler
The firstboot process uses a series of cascading scripts to make modular packages for specific needs so they can easily plug-in to the firstboot process. All firstboot* scripts must be located in /usr/pluto/install
- Package lmce-install-scripts contains the initial firstboot file in /usr/pluto/install/
- This file chain loads firstboot_core and then firstboot_md depending on which pkgs have been installed on this particular system.
- Package lmce-core contains firstboot_core
- This file preps any specific configuration that is required for running a Core system.
- This file chain loads firstboot_core_* depending on which pkgs have been installed on this particular system.
- Package lmce-md-meta contains firstboot_core_md, this package in depended on by lmce-hybrid
- This file configures the MediaDirector portion of devices after the initial core configuration.
- Package lmce-md-base contains firstboot_md
- This file configures a non-hybrid MediaDirector
- This file chain loads firstboot_md_* depending on which pkgs have been installed on this particular system.
- Package lmce-md-rpi2 contains firstboot_md_rpi2
- This file configures specialty graphics and kernel setup for using the rpi2 as a MediaDirector.
- Package lmce-mid-base contains firstboot_md, this should never be installed with lmce-md-base.
- This file configures a Mobile Internet Device, setup is nearly identical to that in lmce-md-base.
- This file chain loads firstboot_mid_* depending on which pkgs have been installed on this particular system.
- Package lmce-mid-joggler contains firstboot_mid_joggler
- This file configures specialy settings for the joggler as a MID, usually an Orbiter.