Difference between revisions of "IRC Chat"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 21:08, 19 October 2012
This page shows you how to join the discussion on the LinuxMCE IRC channel where you can chat live with other members and developers.
From your LinuxMCE box
- Go to the KDE desktop: Advanced --> KDE desktop
- Start Konversation: K --> Internet --> Konversation (IRC Client)
- Hit the New button
- Identity --> Edit: Change the nicknames
- Network: Freenode
- Servers --> Add: irc.freenode.net and close with the OK button
- Auto join Channels --> Add: #LinuxMCE and close with the OK button
- Press the OK button
- Select LinuxMCE and close the dialog with the Connect button
Step 3 is only needed the first time
If your browser is properly configured to handle "irc" URLs you can click here:
Most IRC clients allow you to connect manually, simply type the following:
Change your nick to your liking (as long as nobody else is using it):
Then join our channel:
Now you should be dropped right into the channel.