Information for Australian users
MythTV works fine with Australian Free-To-Air digital television. There are 2 main sources for Electronic Program Guide information, iceTV and The Australian Community TV Guide(ozTiVo). iceTV is a comercial offering, and costs about AU$3 per week. ozTiVo is free, however both sites require registration.
- Visit one (or both) of the above sites to register and set up your profile (be sure to select xmltv for the data format).
- Get this script and install it in /usr/local/bin
- Make sure it is executable: chmod +x tv_grab_au_reg
- Symlink /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_au to tv_grab_au_reg with ln -s /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_au_reg /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_au.
- Run MythTV-setup and add a new video source to use 'tv_grab_au' (call it something like FTA).
- Set 'TimeOffset' to 'Auto'
- Configure a capture card to use the video source (FTA)
- Scan the channels, delete the ones you don't want, then add xmltv info (from your iceTV or ozTiVo profile) to the ones that are left.
- Exit Setup, don't run mythfilldatabase.
- Edit /root/.mythtv/<input source name>.xmltv (FTA in above example) to include your username and password. Remove the information for any sites you are not using. (It may be wise to set this file as read-only, every time you enter the input sources page in mythTV-setup it reconfigures the tv_grab_au script, which overwrites the configuration file with defaults).
- Run mythfilldatabase( start MythTV-setup and then exit, hit yes when prompted.
- Enjoy your new EPG
You can use the same process to import foxtel channels, call it foxtel instead of FTA.