LinuxMCE Admin Website
The LinuxMCE Admin web site is used to setup and configure your LinuxMCE system. It also allows you to do a lot of other tasks, such as to check your voice-mail, organize your media, etc. The web site runs on the LinuxMCE Core. You can access it from the Core web browser, or from any other computer connected to the network.
Access to the LinuxMCE Admin Website
From a Core or Media Director desktop
A button is available on the Launch Manager that is displayed on a Core or Media Director desktop:
- Open admin website
From within your home
You can access the LinuxMCE Admin website from any web browser (Mozilla Firefox, IE, Safari):
- In the browser address bar, type the URL http://<core_ip>/pluto-admin.
- From within the "internal" LinuxMCE LAN, for example:
- (This assumes the IP address range set by default at installation.)
- You can also use the network name of the Core in place of the IP address. For example, if the Core was named "dcerouter" during the default installation, you could use:
- From the "external" home LAN, the core_ip would be the LAN IP address of the core. If, for example, the core is at 192.168.0.50 on the home LAN, use:
- (Note: To use this method, Outside Access must be enabled.)
From the Internet
You could use the IP address:port for your home LAN, with port forwarding to the Core's LAN IP address (enabled by your home LAN router).
- This is an advanced topic and may not be secure in the current version..
By default, the LinuxMCE Admin web site is not accessible outside your home. This makes the system secure, but it prevents you from accessing the web site via the Internet while away from home. You can turn on Internet access, allowing access to the admin website anywhere. For your own security, however, we recommend you first read about Security & Privacy Issues.
- The login page should be displayed. Input an existing user name and password, then click "Login".
LinuxMCE Admin Website Sections
Admin page structure
LinuxMCE is a modular platform with a wide variety of optional modules and devices. Generally, each module will have one or more web pages to configure when using that module. The LinuxMCE Admin web site has a pull-down menu that lets you quickly access any of those pages. The menu options for each particular home will be unique, depending on the configuration.
Two menu options will always be displayed.
- The Wizard is the commonly used way to configure and setup your LinuxMCE system. When you choose Wizard, you will see a series of steps that depends on what devices you have installed in your home. The pages in the Wizard section are intended to be simple for the average user. Context-sensitive help is provided through a "Help" button.
- There are more low level options under the Advanced option.
- A/V Equipment
- Media Directors
- Irrigation Devices
- Surveillance Cameras
- Phone Lines
- Generic Serial Devices
- Floorplan Wizard
- Lighting Scenarios
- Media Scenarios
- Climate Scenarios
- Irrigation Scenarios
- Security Scenarios
- Telecom Scenarios
- Mobile Orbiter Scenarios
- Sleeping Scenarios
- Unknown Devices
- Device Templates
- Device Category Device Data
- Phones Setup
- View Batch
- Device Data
- My Voicemail
- General Voicemail
- Phone book
- Call Routing
- Priority Callers
- Callers for me
The following is leftover from another page:
Currently only option is to enter entries into Pluto_main database, table PageSetup. There you'll find other entries already, go to the end and add yours (but be careful not to break anything and also save your changes, cause they can probably lost in migration or updates - not sure)...
Anyway for simple test I've created two entries: "Tinia" as main menu entry (after Telecom) and then subentry for phpmyadmin that I frequently use. If I highlight only important fields, my entries look like this :
PK_PageSetup FK_..._Parent Website OrderNum FK_Package Description pageURL showInTopMenu 190 NULL 1 70 NULL Tinia 1 191 190 1 0 NULL PHPMyAdmin http://192.168.0.1/phpmyadmin/ 1
If FK_PageSetup_Parent is empty, then you'll have main entry on green main bar. If you want subentry, then you just specify PK_PageSetup of your parent in FK_PageSetup_Parent. You can also add URL