Difference between revisions of "Upgrading SlimServer"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Here are the steps needed to upgrade the SlimServer that comes with LinuxMCE (
Here are the steps needed to upgrade the SlimServer that comes with LinuxMCE () to a newer version of Squeezecenter.
Revision as of 15:04, 4 July 2008
Here are the steps needed to upgrade the SlimServer that comes with LinuxMCE (0704) to a newer version of Squeezecenter.
- Download the version of squeezecenter you want to run to the core.
- cd to /usr/pluto/servers
- Backup the existing SlimServer directory.
mv SlimServer SlimServer.lmce
- Move the downloaded file to /usr/pluto/servers and unarchive it.
- Make a soft link to the new directory. This step just makes upgrades or downgrades go a little faster.
ln -s squeezecenter-some-version SlimServer
- Add a user slimserver and a group slimserver This is the default that Squeezecenter runs as
- Change the ownership of squeezecenter's directory to that of slimserver.
chown -R slimserver:slimserver squeezecenter-some-version
At this point you should be able to restart the dcerouter. This should start the new version of squeezecenter
Squeezecenter needs a little configuration before it will work with LMCE
- In a web browser, goto http://dcerouter:9000 This should bring up the squeezecenter interface.
- Click on settings in the lower right hand corner.
- Select Plugins from the menu at the top
- Select Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Set the port to 7890
- Click on Apply in the lower right hand corner
- Restart the dcerouter from either the admin web site or the console
|This article is a stub and requires expansion|
Is this article still a stub?