Revision as of 18:20, 18 June 2008 by Jspeckman
Here are the steps needed to upgrade the SlimServer that comes with LinuxMCE to a newer version of Squeezecenter.
- Download the version of squeezecenter you want to run to the core.
- cd to /usr/pluto/servers
- Backup the existing SlimServer directory. ie mv SlimServer SlimServer.lmce
- Move the downloaded file to /usr/pluto/servers and unarchive it.
- Make a soft link to the new directory. ln -s squeezecenter-some-version SlimServer This step just makes upgrades or downgrades go a little faster.
- Next, some permissions need to be set and a user created. I'll add these when I get home from work.