I'm a long time IT guy from Sweden, started programming at age 9, first Unix exposure in -93 (NetBSD) and soon after also some Linux. Today I'm an Enterprise Architect but try to keep some dirt under the nails by digging in the dirt, I mean Linux.
-Joakim aka JoakimL on the forums and in IRC
AsRock 330 ION HT
- Intel Atom 330 dual core
- 2 GB main memory
- Hauppauge USB-DVB Nova-T Stick (DBV-T)
- Ping IT IR receiver
- MS MCE Remote (Branded AsRock)
Core / Hybrid
Old Compaq P4
- Processor - Intel P4 2.0 GHz
- 512 MB main memory
- 1 x 200gb IDE disk
No mobile yet
Some notes on setting up 8.10 B2 (daily build 22828)
Nothing special, followed the standard procedure.
Firmware file for DBV-T missing, solved with:
cd /usr/pluto/diskless/39/lib/firmware/ sudo cp /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /usr/pluto/diskless/39/lib/firmware/ . or: cd /usr/pluto/diskless/39/lib/firmware/ sudo wget http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw
Two networks, with wired and wireless in both.
- Outer network 192.168.1.x - including VOIP gateway, to be replaced by Asterix when I get some time
- Inner network 192.168.80.x