History about my Digital Home
After I read a Artikel in the german c't 23/2002 (  Sonderwege von Georg Schnurer ) a Success Story about a Digital Home Implementation, it was clear for me that someday I also want something like this.
I will write here about my experiences installing a LinuxMCE Server, I hope this time I will have success. I also want to share my Expirense to other users who maybe want to do the same.
- Mainboard: Elitegroup K8M800-M2
- CPU: AMD Sempron 2200
- Memory: 512 MB DDR RAM
- HDD: 80 GB
- NIC: Dual GB Nic, NC304
- TV-Card ( DVB-C ): Mystique CaBiX-C2, DVB-C, HDTV / Mystique View CI-Interface (f. 1 CAM) PCI und 3.5" Variante / Conax CAM (Rev. 1.2) - 4.00e by Smit ( from dvbshop )
- TV-Card ( analog ): Hauppauge PVR-350
Hybrid Network Overview
Internet | | Firewall (def GW) ------( WLAN;192.168.Y ) | (LAN;192.168.X ) | LAN Server ----|-------------- ( DHCP,DNS,nfs,smb,etc) | LinuxMCE dev Server Orion ( DHCP,Mythtv, Asterisk,etc ) | (LinuxMCE Net;192.168.80.0 ) | | ( LinuxMCE Test equipment )
Hybrid Install Logbook
-- Markab 22:01, 5 January 2009 (CET)
- after check out the Forum I decide to go with a DVD Installation I download the i386 and the amd64 images from the torrent mirrors describe on the Wikipage Mirrors 710
- With this DVD I was not able to do a Installation, stops every time right at the beginning. The question about the Harddisk overwrite does not come up.
- Luck that I found the DVD that provide Hari to me, with this DVD the Installation I was able to start the 32bit Installation and finish it.
Setup Production ( Planed )
- SlimDevices_Squeezebox 3
- Popcornhour NMT Mediaplayers A-110