Difference between revisions of "Web Orbiter"
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 04:31, 24 March 2008
The Web Orbiter is an instance of the Orbiter that is accessible from a Web browser across a network from the Core.
Procedure to setup the Web Orbiter is simple but the order of steps is important.
- First of all we should add a new Generic Web Device as a Child Device for your Core:
- On the Adminsite homepage, at the bottom of the left column's expansion of all the menu items, click "Show devices tree" and then "CORE". The CORE's detail page should appear.
- On this page click the link 'Create Child Device'.
- In the Add child device window, click the button 'Pick device template'. The new pop-up window contained device templates will be opened.
- In the 'Device Category' dropdown list, choose 'Peripherals'.
- In the 'Device Template' dropdown list, find and select "Generic Web Device".
- Click the button 'Pick Device Template'. The Add Child Device Window will close, and the Generic Web Device will be added to the Core, as the updated Device Tree will show.
- Also new Generic Proxy Orbiter will be created automatically on this stage. We can watch the Orbiter generation process on the Orbiters page: Wizard --> Devices --> Orbiters.
- Wait till generation procedure finishes. A message on some active Orbiter or on the Orbiter page will so indicate.
- Don't forget Quick reload router. It's important because otherwise the Orbiter won't work properly.
- We can access to the Web Orbiter:
- Type URL http://<core_ip>/pluto-admin/weborbiter.php in the browser address bar. You will get a very plain login page.
- Input existing user name and password, then click the "Login" button. You will get a page with a list of devices.
- From the dropdown list, choose Generic Web Device. You will get a page that looks similar to:
If you try to connect to the Web Orbiter and see this message:
"Connect to proxy orbiter failed, please try again"
this means that the procedure of Orbiter generation doesn't finish yet or you forgot to quick restart of router.
I was able to change the size of the rendered image in the Wizard->Orbiters page, I just found my Web Orbiter device in the list, and resized it.. after a regen, it was at the right size.