Procedure to setup the Web Orbiter is simple but the order of steps is important.
- First of all we should add a new Generic Web Device as a Child Device for your Core:
- Press "Show devices tree" and then "CORE". The Core detailed page should appear.
- On this page press a link 'Create Child Device'.
- Press the button 'Pick device template' in the Add child device window. The new pop-up window contained device templates will be opened.
- Choose a category 'Peripherals'
- Find and select Generic Web Device in the right list box and press the button 'Add device'. Generic Web Device will be added to the Core.
- Also new Generic Proxy Orbiter will be created automatically on this stage. We can watch the Orbiter generation process on the Orbiters page: Wizard --> Devices --> Orbiters.
- Wait till generation procedure finishes. A message on some active Orbiter or on the Orbiter page will so indicate.
- Don't forget Quick reload router. It's important because otherwise the Orbiter won't work properly.
- We can access to the Web Orbiter:
- Type URL http://<core_ip>/pluto-admin/weborbiter.php in the browser address bar.
- Input existing user name and password
- Choose Generic Web Device from the dropdown list.See something similar to:
If you try to connect to the Web Orbiter and see this message :
"Connect to proxy orbiter failed, please try again"
this means that the procedure of Orbiter generation doesn't finish yet or you forgot to quick restart of router.