Asterisk Extension with Zoiper Softphone
|Version||Status||Date Updated||Updated By|
|1004||Works||29 September 2013||Alblasco1702|
Imagine being on vacations and someone calls your home phone number and your mobile rings.
With phones having SIP clients, it's possible to have an extension of your home system.
My Android phone became an extension of my home system, and i will describe how.
Webadmin -> Wizard -> Phones -> Add Device.
Select Generic Sip Phone (device template #1734)-> Pick device.
Take note of the extension number and extension number password. You will need to inform it in the zoiper configuration below.
After done, configure you Zoiper like:
- Install Zoiper on your android phone.
- Add acount
- Choose an account type: SIP
- Account name: Home (name of your choise like Home)
- Host: 192.168.80.1 (if you want to have the extension working outside your home use external ip forward port 5060 TCP and UDP and the range 10000 to 20000 and accept those in lmce firewall (if your modem is using port 5060 you can use 5061 from outside and translate it to 5060 to the inside network)(you can create two accounts one for inside and one for outside your home))
- Username: extension number
- Password: extension password
- Network settings NAT Use STUN No
If everything is right, you will be able to place "internet calls" from the Android Phone, which acts as a telefone device of your system. If you plan to have it also working from outside your home, i suggest you enable the L2TP/IPSEC VPN server, end configure a IPSEC client.
I have this configured, i do have two sip accounts in zoiper, one for inside the house and other for outside, enbling me to have an extension of my telecom system from any wifi spot, public or not, even at my work.