LinuxMCE-0810-alpha0 is a test release build from the sources available in the LinuxMCE-0810 branch of SVN. It is missing several components of which the sources are not publicly available. The currently available alpha0 (pre-alpha) version is broken in numerous ways.
Note: This version is now obsolete, try LinuxMCE-0810 alpha1 instead.
- Install Kubuntu Intrepid, update it and enable the restricted (video) drivers if needed. (download [32bit i386 from kernel.org] , [choose a version/mirror])
- Grab the latest installer script from here, unpack them and change into the freshly created new-installer directory.
- run the following scripts (as root, in order): pre-install-from-repo.sh, mce-install.sh, post-install.sh.
- reboot, wait for the activity to stop (see progress on console 8).
UPDATE: If you used the new-installer-006.tar.bz2 or earlier to install, please run the following command to resolve a slight misconfiguration:
sudo sed 's/[^#]*PK_Distro = [0-9]*/PK_Distro = 17/' -i /etc/pluto.conf
Please add all the issues you can find below, and/or add your name to the list of people confirming (simply sign it with ~~~).
Difficulties installing or using v0810-a0 on any hardware or settings configuration:
Add software list
- The "Add Software" list is empty, this probably needs to be filled somewhere.
Junk in sources.list
* There are entries for old repositories that keep being added to the sources.list, needs further investigation. works as of 007 posde
External Media Identifier
The External Media Identifier fails to start, this is because it wasn't build as the sources are not available, however it can be installed successfully using the 0710 "id-my-disc_1.8.ub0710_i386.deb" package.
Confirmed by: tkmedia
Black screen when media playing
When playing media with UI2 the screen turns black and the mouse cursor seems to not come up, however I noticed that if you press F7 and click on the screen the menu comes back up and the movie is then visible again. already fixed in alpha1, the orbiter-skins package was incomplete. Zaerc 13:18, 2 January 2009 (CET)
Configuration Specific Issues
Difficulties installing or using v0810-a0 on specific hardware or settings configurations:
(none reported or confirmed)
- DVD identification - Ripping
- CD identification - Ripping
Confirmed by: tkmedia
- ATI Radeon HD3200 & UI2 + Overlay (installed using nothing but the AVwizard)
Confirmed by: Totallymaxed
- NVIDIA MX440 & UI2 + Overlay (installed using the AVwizard but had to press 3 to get proper mode)
Confirmed by: Kanadavos
Fix bootscripts to not de-install pluto-dcerouter and pluto-orbiter on first boot.works for me posde with installer 07
Patch latest version of lirc that comes with Intrepid.Zaerc
- Fix diskless boot for MDs. posde This is trac ticket #27
Fix UI2 playback problem. posde This is trac ticket #28Should be fixed in alpha1 now --Zaerc 17:13, 21 December 2008 (CET)
- Update pluto-mythtv-player to the proper protocol version (MainServer::HandleVersion - Client speaks protocol version 31 but we speak 40!).
A developer discussion thread started in the forums at "Building for 0810".